Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Own 24V UPS / Auto #define THERMAL_PROTECTION_BED eye rolling smiley

Posted by sg1oneill 
Own 24V UPS / Auto #define THERMAL_PROTECTION_BED eye rolling smiley
October 01, 2021 11:15PM
Hi everyone. I am not a programmer but I need to carry out something. I am sure a programmer can handle this in under minutes.
I only setup up Marlin / and change pins etc / but now I need a serious help, if some would....
I have made a 24V UPS system for my printers (24V from two big batteries and some parts) but the heated beds are excluded for obvious reasons.
(in other words, when power off everything stays online and works but heated beds. )

However, if I leave #define THERMAL_PROTECTION_BED and the main power is OFF, the printer will be halted soon as the protection will be triggered cos the dropping temperature of the bed. If I comment it out, well, that is not safe.

Possible SOLUTION:
The solution could be a controlled function.
I figured it out in the configruation.h I could use the #define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR for this, but eventually not. It will be perfect as it sorts out the base problem "control something from an outside control signal" but unfortunately Marlin is not happy when I try to change this line: #define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SCRIPT "M600" to this: #define THERMAL_PROTECTION_BED. Of course, a bunch of code is behind these.

Point is, I need to control #define THERMAL_PROTECTION_BED somehow with an outside control signal.

If someone is could and capable to help, that will be my day! smiling bouncing smiley
And thank you so much!

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2021 11:38PM by sg1oneill.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login