Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to add menu options on the ender 3 v2 stock display

Posted by PeteDK 
How to add menu options on the ender 3 v2 stock display
May 23, 2023 10:59AM
Hi there,

I am trying to figure out how to add the controller fan menu option on the the Ender 3 V2 stock display (DWIN). It doesn´t show up on screen.
(when using the Ender 3 stock display it did)

My settings in Configuration_adv.h are:

#define USE_CONTROLLER_FAN
#if ENABLED(USE_CONTROLLER_FAN)
#define CONTROLLER_FAN_PIN FAN1_PIN // Set a custom pin for the controller fan
//#define CONTROLLER_FAN_USE_Z_ONLY // With this option only the Z axis is considered
//#define CONTROLLER_FAN_IGNORE_Z // Ignore Z stepper. Useful when stepper timeout is disabled.
#define CONTROLLERFAN_SPEED_MIN 0 // (0-255) Minimum speed. (If set below this value the fan is turned off.)
#define CONTROLLERFAN_SPEED_ACTIVE 255 // (0-255) Active speed, used when any motor is enabled
#define CONTROLLERFAN_SPEED_IDLE 0 // (0-255) Idle speed, used when motors are disabled
#define CONTROLLERFAN_IDLE_TIME 60 // (seconds) Extra time to keep the fan running after disabling motors

// Use TEMP_SENSOR_BOARD as a trigger for enabling the controller fan
//#define CONTROLLER_FAN_MIN_BOARD_TEMP 40 // (°C) Turn on the fan if the board reaches this temperature

#define CONTROLLER_FAN_EDITABLE // Enable M710 configurable settings
#if ENABLED(CONTROLLER_FAN_EDITABLE)
#define CONTROLLER_FAN_MENU // Enable the Controller Fan submenu
#endif
#endif

I´m able to use the g-code command M710, but then the fan makes a noise, it doesn`t when I can control it in the menu from max speed down to 60%, which is where the noise level is fine.
I read somewhere that I need additional code in the LCD firmware to have that control?
Does anybody know how to fix this?

Regards from Denmark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2023 11:01AM by PeteDK.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login