Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding a New board to Marlin build Environment when compiling firmware

Posted by IronPatriot 
Adding a New board to Marlin build Environment when compiling firmware
December 31, 2023 06:48PM
Greetings all,

I wanted to ask if there is a way to add another board to the Marlin build environment. I'm trying to use Jyers configs from GitHub for the Ender 3V2 and in the build environment it shows STM32F103RET6 (512)K and the same with Maple.
I'm wanting to add STM32F103RCT6 (256)K board to use. Its a Creality 4.2.2 silent board. But the build environment doesn't show that board and I cant figure out how to add it. The Marlin version is 2.0.1
I'm doing this in VSC. I can build successfully with the RET6 board so its compiling ok. I just need the other mainboard RCT6 version added in the build environment.

Please excuse me if I'm not asking in the right place, I'm new here.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Re: Adding a New board to Marlin build Environment when compiling firmware
December 31, 2023 08:31PM
This doesn't make any sense

Creality V4.2.2 boards where not added to marlin until 2.0.6

env: STM32F103RC_creality was added to marlin since 2.0.9

Please update to a much newer marlin instead of trying to update an obsolete version of marlin..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2023 08:32PM by Dust.
December 31, 2023 09:31PM
Hello Dust,

Jacob Meyers had written firmware for the Ender 3V2 and has it on his Github since 2021 and has .bin files for the Ender3V2 using the 4.2.2 silent board. It shows his firmware being 2.0.1

Is there a way to update his files to the newer Marlin 2.1.2.1? I have been using his firmware for the last few years and the firmware works very well for my needs. I'm learning the ins and outs of Marlin so please forgive me as I'm trying to learn more. I see on the newer 2.1.2.1 the build environment using 5 or six Creality boards and that works great as I just did a firmware build for my Ender 3 and its working well now. I wanted to keep using Jyers firmware for my modified Ender 3V2s but need to update a few things to make it more useful for my needs. All my printers are modified to direct drives for better efficiency. Here is Jyers link below.

[github.com]

I do very much appreciate your input on this question that I have and If there is a way to update his files to the newer version of Marlin that would be great.

Thanks and happy New year

IP
January 01, 2024 12:04AM
points worthy of note:

They did not write the firmware, he added a new user interface for the Ender 3 V2 TFT to stock marlin code.

their v2.0.1 [github.com] is really marlin 2.0.9.2

NOTE This code will no longer compile. both python and stm32 libraries and platformio itself have all been updated breaking this old code.

JYERSUI was backported into main marlin, you just need to enable it "#define DWIN_CREALITY_LCD_JYERSUI // Jyers UI by Jacob Myers"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2024 12:33AM by Dust.
January 01, 2024 07:42PM
JYERSUI was backported into main marlin, you just need to enable it "#define DWIN_CREALITY_LCD_JYERSUI // Jyers UI by Jacob Myers"

Thank you Dust, excellent info. I did find the #define DWIN_CREALITY_LCD_JYERSUI. So now I can try my best to compile a firmware.bin with the updates I need.

Thank you again

IP
January 02, 2024 09:55PM
Well trying to compile new firmware for my Ender 3V2 with the Jyers UI in 2.1.2.1 I ran into this issue. Can someone please help me figure this one out. I did some searching but sort of at a loss on what the message means.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2024 09:56PM by IronPatriot.
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot (1).png (194.2 KB)
January 02, 2024 11:52PM
Himm, seem that line has not been updated in 2.1.2.1

In Marlin/src/lcd/language/language_en.h

2.1.2.1 has

LSTR MSG_LCD_SOFT_ENDSTOPS              = _UxGT("Soft Endstops");
  LSTR MSG_MAIN                           = _UxGT("Main");

change it to

LSTR MSG_LCD_SOFT_ENDSTOPS              = _UxGT("Soft Endstops");
  LSTR MSG_MAIN_MENU                      = _UxGT("Main Menu");

[github.com]
January 03, 2024 11:44AM
Thank you Dust, I appreciate that help. That change fixed the problem. thumbs up

Now I can continue to work on this new firmware for another new printer I'm testing.

Thanks again

IP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login