Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS Robin Nano V1.2 Input Shaping LCD reboot loop?

Posted by Nate523 
MKS Robin Nano V1.2 Input Shaping LCD reboot loop?
March 01, 2024 05:00AM
Hi,

I have a Ender 3 V1, dropped in a MKS Robin Nano V1.2, and using firmware 2.1.2.1, (I also tried this with the 2.1.2.2 version, still had the same problem).

I just learned about input shaping and wanted to give it a try, however, when I try to enable input shaping in the configuration_adv.h file, the printer just gets stuck in an endless boot cycle. Been trying to search all night for a solution, seems there was a few bug fixes for SDSUPPORT for some boards, but I can't find anything explaining why when I enable input shaping that it just gets stuck in a reboot cycle where the TFT35 LCD screen (Set to the TFT_COLR_UI) just say boot, I see marlin, then black screen, then boot, marlin logo, black screen, etc ...

Anybody have any thoughts on how to fix this? I thought maybe it was RAM size, but it really doesn't seem to take up much according to the build complete info in VSCODE.

Thanks!

-Attached Config files for reference.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (126.7 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (173.2 KB)
Re: MKS Robin Nano V1.2 Input Shaping LCD reboot loop?
March 08, 2024 04:51AM
Hello, I have the same error
I have a Corexy with skr V1.4 turbo and lcd repreap discount.
When I load the firmware (I'm compiling it with Marlin's auto build) with Input shaper it gets stuck on the home screen, in an infinite loop.
If I comment on the input shaper lines, the firmware loads without problems.
I am loading the firmware via microSd.
March 08, 2024 06:38AM
2.1.2.2 is a bit of a lemon dont use it with input shaping, or a probe in the probe port that needs a pullup (ie bltouch and clones)

List of known 2.1.2.2 bugs, some have patches [github.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2024 06:43AM by Dust.
March 11, 2024 07:57PM
Thanks,

Seems to happen on 2.1.2.1 too, I suppose I can try to go farther back with input shaping, but with 2.1.2.1 and 2.1.2.2 I have the same issue.
March 11, 2024 08:35PM
I cannot completely confirm issue has gone away, however, switching to the original 2.1.2 version of Marlin will at least boot up and I don't get stuck in the boot loop.
March 11, 2024 10:18PM
Tested with 2.1.2, seems to be working, thanks for the help, wonder what is up with 2.1.2.1 and 2.1.2.2 that is not working with the Robin Nano board v1.2?
April 07, 2024 04:26AM
2.1.2.2 Input shaping reboot is meant to be fixed if you apply this patch [github.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login