Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error status 8

Posted by ElmoC 
Error status 8
July 14, 2016 05:40PM
I have been having a lot of prints stop part way through and the heaters being turned off (switched from Active to Off). The Duet still responds though. I hooked up to the USB port and did a M122. The last reset was caused by software, error status 8. Does anyone know what error status 8 means?

SENDING:M122
Diagnostics
Used output buffers: 1 of 32 (15 max)
Platform Diagnostics:
Memory usage:
Program static ram used: 45208
Dynamic ram used: 40432
Recycled dynamic ram: 376
Current stack ram used: 2728
Maximum stack ram used: 5716
Never used ram: 6572
Last reset 09:01:01 ago, cause: software
Error status: 8
[ERROR] Error status: 8

Bed probe heights: -0.017 0.762 -0.261 -0.097 -0.024 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000
Free file entries: 10
SD card interface speed: 21.0MBytes/sec
SD card longest block write time: 0.0ms
MCU temperature: min 35.8, current 41.0, max 53.5
Slowest main loop (seconds): 0.138367; fastest: 0.000000
Move Diagnostics:
MaxReps: 5, StepErrors: 0. Underruns: 26
Heat Diagnostics:
Bed heater = 0, chamber heater = -1
Heater 0 is on, I-accum = -54.0
GCodes Diagnostics:
Move available? no
Stack pointer: 0 of 5
macro is idle
http is idle
telnet is idle
serial is ready with "M122"
aux is idle
file is idle
Network Diagnostics:
Free connections: 16 of 16
Free transactions: 24 of 24
Webserver Diagnostics:
HTTP sessions: 1 of 8
FTP connections: 0, state 0
Telnet connections: 0, state 0

Re: Error status 8
July 15, 2016 06:43AM
Hi Elmo,

1. Error status 8 means that there was an output stack overflow. This typically means that there was a lot of output to be sent to the web interface or to the USB port, but the web interface or USB host program was not accepting it fast enough. It shouldn't cause the print to stop, the excess data is just discarded.

2. When the last reset code is "software", there is usually a "Last software reset reason" displayed as well. But there isn't in your M122 output. Which Duet do you have, and which firmware version on it? Is it possible that the software reset that occurred 9 hours before you ran M122 was because you upgraded the firmware at that time?

3. Can you tell from the "Last reset" time (9 hours before you ran the M122) whether the software reset occurred during the print, or was it before the print started?

4. Can you confirm that more than one heater was turned off, and the head stopped in the middle of the print?

David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 15, 2016 08:08AM
dc42
2. When the last reset code is "software", there is usually a "Last software reset reason" displayed as well. But there isn't in your M122 output. Which Duet do you have, and which firmware version on it? Is it possible that the software reset that occurred 9 hours before you ran M122 was because you upgraded the firmware at that time?

I have a 0.8.5 version. This has occurred on both 1.12a and 1.14. When it happened on the 1.14, it was the first print job after the update.

3. Can you tell from the "Last reset" time (9 hours before you ran the M122) whether the software reset occurred during the print, or was it before the print started?

This has always occurred during a print and at different points. Some time it occurred early in the print, other time it was close to the end.

4. Can you confirm that more than one heater was turned off, and the head stopped in the middle of the print?

Both the hot end and the bed was turned off. The web interface shows no job is printing. I can manipulate the printer via the web interface after the print has stopped.
July 15, 2016 08:27AM
ElmoC
dc42

I have a 0.8.5 version. This has occurred on both 1.12a and 1.14. When it happened on the 1.14, it was the first print job after the update.

This has always occurred during a print and at different points. Some time it occurred early in the print, other time it was close to the end.

I think you misunderstood me. When I said the "Last reset", I meant the reset that M122 reported as having happened 9 hours before you ran M122:

Does the time (9 hours and 1 minute before you ran M122) tie in with when you updated the firmware? Or does it tie in with when the machine stopped in the middle of a print?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

July 15, 2016 08:41AM
dc42
ElmoC
dc42

I think you misunderstood me. When I said the "Last reset", I meant the reset that M122 reported as having happened 9 hours before you ran M122:

Does the time (9 hours and 1 minute before you ran M122) tie in with when you updated the firmware? Or does it tie in with when the machine stopped in the middle of a print?

The 9 hours is when the machine stopped. The update occurred about 3 hours earlier. The chain of events would be...

- Update Firmware
- Start print a few minutes later.
- Print stops after running about 3 hours (I am at work at this time and can see via a webcam the print has stopped)
- Several hours later, I get home from work and connect up the USB cable and run the M122 command. It has now been 9 hours since the printer stopped and I was able to run the M122 command.

This was also happening with 1.12a, before I updated the firmware.

Edit: This has been happening with various files, not just one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2016 08:42AM by ElmoC.
July 15, 2016 12:30PM
OK, that makes it strange that the M122 didn't report the software reset reason. I thought perhaps that feature was broken in the 1.14 firmware release, but I just tested it (on an Ormerod using a Duet 0.6) and it worked.

Please can you try pressing the Emergency Stop button in the web interface (or send M999), then after it restarts do M112 again and see if the software reset reason is reported this time (it should be "user"). Also check that you don't have any M111 debugging enabled (run M111 with no parameters to see the current status).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2016 12:33PM by dc42.

July 15, 2016 12:33PM
One other thing I remembered. This did happen before when I first got my Duet. Was using 1.09 I believe. But after a bit, the problem went away. Just started occurring again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login