Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M117 support on PanelDue

Posted by yoorek 
M117 support on PanelDue
May 27, 2016 06:58PM
Does the PanelDue support M117 command to display a message. I'm trying to display some informational message using M117 command and do not see any output on PanelDue or DWC. The only place where I can see something is when I type the command in g-code console in DWC. Then it is shown in the console output. If I try to do the same using telnet connection there is no display.

Reality is in fact virtual.
Re: M117 support on PanelDue
May 27, 2016 10:56PM
I am working on a project to interface a RepRap Full Graphics display to the Duet and have been going through the code for the PanelDue. The PanelDue, as far as I can tell, based on the version of code I got (which should be the latest - from GitHub), does not support the M117 command. I had to add it into my project. Now he might be getting the message via a different method, but I couldn't find anything.
May 28, 2016 03:02AM
M117 isn't working on either PanelDue or in DWC at present. I intend to fix this next week.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
PRZ
May 28, 2016 07:26AM
M117 already works on DWC (on 1.13 beta) - from the console and from a macro

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]

May 28, 2016 08:37AM
Strange, when I tested it yesterday, it didn't work for me.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
PRZ
May 28, 2016 01:02PM
These messages are displayed for approximately 3 seconds and then disappear. I think they shall be acknowledged instead of self-closing. These kind of windows messages is recent in DWC.

[edit] Warning: WRONG - the message sent by M117 wait aknowledgement and shall be manually closed, on the contrary of other messages.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2016 11:38AM by PRZ.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
May 30, 2016 11:14PM
dc42
M117 isn't working on either PanelDue or in DWC at present. I intend to fix this next week.

While you are in this code, I was wondering if you could tell me if there is a command to remove the message? Sending M117 alone produces an error saying a string was expected but not seen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login