Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cant see G code files on SD card

Posted by joestefano 
Cant see G code files on SD card
June 28, 2016 04:42PM
I have loaded some g code files on the SD card along with the files that were already loaded (G code folder). I can't see the files from the Duet or the web interface. I can't upload g code file to the web interface either. Is there a separate forum for the Web Interface?
Re: Cant see G code files on SD card
June 28, 2016 06:01PM
Which browser are you using, and which versions of the firmware and the web interface are you using? The Settings page of the web interface will tell you the version numbers.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 28, 2016 06:26PM
Chrome. 1.13b and 1.11
June 28, 2016 07:18PM
Those are all good. What happens when you select the Gcode Files tab of the web interface?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 28, 2016 07:47PM
David, what happens when I try to upload a g code file is the screen (web interface) flashes and then I get the ajax time out message. I'm using Simplify3D and am very new to it, maybe I'm doing something wrong with that? The file that I save reads .gcode but shows up as 3D model in the file type
Attachments:
open | download - Web Interface.jpg (228.4 KB)
open | download - AJAX.jpg (229.7 KB)
open | download - finetune.gcode (188.4 KB)
June 28, 2016 08:45PM
I just sliced and saved a .gcode file from Kisslicer to my desktop. S3D hijacked the file type. How does this happen? There is still a .stl or .gcode after the file name but the file type shows as 3D model. I've also put this out on the S3D forum. Very Strange!
June 28, 2016 08:47PM
Still doesn't explain why I can't see the gcode file that are already installed on the SD card.
June 29, 2016 04:13PM
David, Do I need something in my config to point to the g code folder on the SD card? I've tried all the ways I can think of to get the files uploaded with the web Interface. I am willing to assume that I am doing something wrong, I don't see others having issues.
June 29, 2016 04:23PM
In the root directory of the sd card, you do have a directory called: gcode? It's just gcode, no spaces or other characters with it.
June 29, 2016 05:25PM
On my SD card I have a folder named gcode along with folders named macros, sys & www
June 29, 2016 05:27PM
joestefano
David, Do I need something in my config to point to the g code folder on the SD card? I've tried all the ways I can think of to get the files uploaded with the web Interface. I am willing to assume that I am doing something wrong, I don't see others having issues.

The folder needs to be called 'gcodes' not 'gcode'.

June 29, 2016 05:36PM
Originally it was named gcodes-ormerod then I changed it to gcode because that's what you put in your last email. Now it works!!! Thank you!
I am now going to try to upload from the web interface, could that have been the problem? ill get back to you. thanks again
June 29, 2016 05:42PM
That did it. In my defense where does it say to rename that folder "gcodes" ? Thank you very much David. Have you any experience with Simplify3D? If not what slicer do you prefer?
June 29, 2016 05:55PM
joestefano
That did it. In my defense where does it say to rename that folder "gcodes" ? Thank you very much David. Have you any experience with Simplify3D? If not what slicer do you prefer?

Now that you come to mention it, I don't think there is a wiki page describing the folder structure of the SD card in a Duet.

Yes I use S3D. I find it very poor at working with multiple printers (Slic3r is much better at that IMO) but otherwise it works well. I still think it is over-priced. If it were £50 instead of £100 then I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

June 29, 2016 06:19PM
Have you tried Kisslicer? It works very well with multiple printers and is cheap. Thanks again for your help.
PRZ
June 30, 2016 04:48AM
The SD card directory structure is described in the paragraph 1.5 SD-card architecture of the page RepRap Firmware in the wiki :
RepRap_Firmware#SD-card_file_architecture [reprap.org].
I will add a screen copy for more visual impact.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
June 30, 2016 07:19AM
PRZ
The SD card directory structure is described in the paragraph 1.5 SD-card architecture of the page RepRap Firmware in the wiki :
RepRap_Firmware#SD-card_file_architecture [reprap.org].
I will add a screen copy for more visual impact.

Thanks Pierre, I'll copy that to the new Duet WiFi wiki at [duet3d.com] when I get time. That wiki will eventually be used for the Duet as well, which is why it contains some information for the Duet 0.6 and 0.8.5 as well as for the WiFi.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2016 07:20AM by dc42.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login