Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Future of Duet 0.8.5?

Posted by PDBeal 
Future of Duet 0.8.5?
August 16, 2016 10:54AM
With the upcoming release of the Duet Wifi board, what's the future of the Duet 0.8.5 look like? Will this board remain, or will it go the way of the Duet 0.6?

Trying to decide if I need to buy a Duet 0.8.5 before they disappear either as a spare or for a future printer. I despise wireless for this type of application and will never order a Duet Wifi board.
Re: Future of Duet 0.8.5?
August 16, 2016 12:47PM
DC42 has said they will keep making the 085 as long as there is demand.
August 16, 2016 04:18PM
T3P3 have indicated that the Duet 0.8.5 will continue to be produced as long as there is demand for it. We're looking at doing a wired variant of the Duet WiFi in the future, and if/when we do that then I guess that board may replace the Duet 0.8.5.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 20, 2016 05:25PM
PDBeal
Trying to decide if I need to buy a Duet 0.8.5 before they disappear either as a spare or for a future printer. I despise wireless for this type of application and will never order a Duet Wifi board.

It sounds like it won't sway your opinion, but I have a Duet Wifi in an environment with ~15 other SSIDs and ~20 devices on my SSID. The Duet Wifi has been rock solid for me.
August 22, 2016 11:04AM
No, wireless is the killing factor for the Duet Wifi for me, but I did get word back from T3P3 and they have said they are looking at making an RJ45 version in the future (I presume once the Duet Wifi is actually in normal production) and the RJ45 version might be the retirement factor for the Duet 0.8.5.
August 22, 2016 01:33PM
Good luck with the first dispatch tomorrow DC42!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login