Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware 1.16 RC1

Posted by dc42 
New firmware 1.16 RC1
November 03, 2016 01:57PM
With the shipment of pre-production DueX2 and DueX5 expansion boards for the Duet WiFi imminent, I have frozen the firmware 1.16 source and put a release candidate at [github.com]. The new features compared to 1.15e are:
  • Support the DueX2 and DueX5 expansion boards
  • Add support for up to 3 additional axes U, V and W. The number of axes is reported to DWC and to PanelDue.
  • Add support for X axis remapping and default fan remapping in the M563 tool creation command - see [reprap.org]
  • Support minimum fan speeds and fan PWM blipping when starting fans from standstill - see [reprap.org]
  • Files uploaded to SD card are now time-stamped (thanks chrishamm)
  • Sending M307 A-1 C-1 D-1 disables the PID for a heater channel, allowing its pin and driver to be used for other purposes
  • Sending M106 P# I-1 disables the specified fan so that its control pin can be used as for general purpose output (M42) or a servo (M280). Caution: the polarity may not be what you expect.
  • Changed M42 pin numbering, see [duet3d.com]
  • Added M280 servo support, see [duet3d.com]
  • Allow separate firmware retract/un-retract speeds and negative extra un-retraction length to be configured in M207
  • Support expansion connector pin PB6 on the Duet WiFi and use it by default for a cooling fan tacho input
  • Added Z probe type 6 (switch on E1 endstop connector)
  • Added I parameter in M558 command to allow the sense of the Z probe reading to be reversed
  • Tool change macros are no longer run if you select the tool that is already selected.
  • Added preliminary support for heater 6 on Duet 0.8.5 boards. Heater 6 is disabled by default so you need to send a valid M307 command to enable it. Fan 1 will be disabled because it uses the same control signal.
The primary use of additional axes and X-axis and fan remapping is to support dual material prints and dual simultaneous prints on IDEX (independent dual X carriage) printers. See [duet3d.com] for how to configure this. The support for additional axes involved a lot of changes and might have side effects that I haven't foreseen, so that's why this version is a release candidate instead of a full release.

I have included a beta of Chrishamm's 1.13 Duet Web control in the release folder. My thanks for Chrishamm for his work on this. I'll leave it to him to tell you all about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2016 03:57PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New firmware 1.16 RC1
November 03, 2016 02:25PM
Since the new logical pin numbers are 60+, will the original pin mapping still work?
November 03, 2016 04:13PM
What do you mean by "the original pin mapping"?

Any pin numbers you use in your M42 commands will need to be changed, except that AFAIR pin 67 just happens to be the same in both schemes.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

November 04, 2016 12:08PM
Is M280 also available for the Duet 0.6?

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
November 04, 2016 06:49PM
Treito
Is M280 also available for the Duet 0.6?

Yes. However, a bug has come to light: using unused heater channels for servos doesn't work on the wired Duet. This is fixed in rc2 which I expect to release tomorrow.

November 04, 2016 06:50PM
dc42
What do you mean by "the original pin mapping"?

Any pin numbers you use in your M42 commands will need to be changed, except that AFAIR pin 67 just happens to be the same in both schemes.

Your second sentence answered the question. I was asking if old mapping was still valid. But it looks like it isn't.
November 05, 2016 10:23AM
The link did not tell which connections I could use with Duet 0.6 or 0.85 for servo output.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login