Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cancelling a print with 1.16 firmware.

Posted by DADIY 
Cancelling a print with 1.16 firmware.
November 21, 2016 08:27AM
I might be going crazy, but in previous releases when I canceled a print my hot end heater and bed would both be turned off (I don't have a cancel.g file), last night I canceled a failed print on the 1.16 firmware and the heaters did not turn off, looking at the release notes there doesn't appear to be any documented changes to that feature so wondered if that's a new change or I was just unlucky.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
Re: Cancelling a print with 1.16 firmware.
November 21, 2016 11:46AM
Did you cancel it from the DWC or a PanelDue?

I've noticed if you don't have a cancel.g file, the DWC will just stop the print and leave everything at temperature but the PanelDue would kill the heaters. I've seen this in previous versions, so I created a cancel.g file to kill the heaters and lower the bed in my CoreXY machines.
November 21, 2016 04:12PM
Chrishamm asked me to implement an extra parameter in the M0 command to cause the heaters to be left on. My guess is that DWC is using that parameter. Does the Settings tab of DWC give you the option of turning the heaters off or leaving them on when you cancel a print?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 04:14PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 22, 2016 12:03PM
I can't see any settings for canceling a print in the settings tab.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
November 22, 2016 05:58PM
In that case I suggest you create a cancel.g file.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login