Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet Setup - Driver?

Posted by clearlynotstefan 
Duet Setup - Driver?
November 25, 2016 05:13AM
Hey friends, hoping you could help me get my .85 functioning.
I had some difficulty with Bossac and all that noise, I finally was able to update my .85 and duet to the appropriate DC48 fork for my custom delta. However I can't seem to connect to arduino serial port. It's looking for something on port 5 and port is greyed out, but naturally my device isn't on port 5. Additionally, when going through the firmware setup Device Manager showed Bossac Device, since installing the firmware it now shows as Duet but doesn't have an affiliated driver with it. Should it? When I plug it in it goes DUHDUHDUH.

I also have no idea how to test the web interface, but I'm not able to get through the testing on serial monitor phase of the instructions. I suspect that driver is relevant but could be wrong.

Appreciate your help, experienced with Ramps and Marlin, but this stuff is all new to me and I'm looking forward to getting it online and printing!
Re: Duet Setup - Driver?
November 25, 2016 06:25AM
The windows driver can be downloaded here - [github.com]

The web interface is awsome and would recommend you put the sd card image onto the SD card and connect via a web browser. you can setup an ip address in the /sys/config.g file or leave default and DHCP will assign you an address which you'll probably need to look at your router to find out the address.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login