Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Resume from Pause print extrudes onto print.

Posted by Dunston-UK 
Resume from Pause print extrudes onto print.
August 29, 2018 12:13AM
Hi All
When you resume from pause it moves over to the print resume point and then extrudes a lot of filament before proceeding from the stop point, this leads to a big blob on your print at that point, how can this be stopped or can this be changed to make it extrudes from the pause home position and then wait for you yo press print again to make it then move to the resume point with out dropping the extruded onto the print.
Re: Resume from Pause print extrudes onto print.
August 29, 2018 02:45AM
Please post your pause.g and resume.g files.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 30, 2018 08:31AM
dc42
Please post your pause.g and resume.g files.

Resume file

; resume.g
; called before a print from SD card is resumed
;
; generated by RepRapFirmware Configuration Tool on Fri Mar 30 2018 00:17:55 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time)
G1 R1 X0 Y0 Z5 F6000 ; go to 5mm above position of the last print move
G1 R1 X0 Y0 ; go back to the last print move
M83 ; relative extruder moves
G1 E10 F3600 ; extrude 10mm of filament

Pause file

; pause.g
; called when a print from SD card is paused
;
; generated by RepRapFirmware Configuration Tool on Fri Mar 30 2018 00:17:55 GMT+0100 (GMT Summer Time)
M83 ; relative extruder moves
G1 E-10 F3600 ; retract 10mm of filament
G91 ; relative positioning
G1 Z5 F360 ; lift Z by 5mm
G90 ; absolute positioning
G1 X0 Y0 F6000 ; go to X=0 Y=0

I see where it's doing it, in the resume file, can you please tell me what do I need to replace that with to stop it from moving over the print and dropping the 10mm filament until the print is pressed again?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2018 08:31AM by Dunston-UK.
August 30, 2018 04:59PM
The pause.g file retracts 10mm of filament, and the resume.g file re-extrudes it. This can work well in printers that tolerate large amounts of retraction, because it removes the filament from the melt zone, thereby reducing oozing. But for some reason it's not working for you.

First, I suggest you check that the 10mm retraction when you pause the print really is taking place. If it is, then you probably need to reduce the E10 parameter in that command in resume.g, to a value that re-primes the nozzle just enough to get it printing when you resume.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

August 30, 2018 06:31PM
Hi DC42

Ok I will do that and tune that in. Thank you. One question thou. Is there a way of adding a wait command in the resume file that can be put before move part,but after the extruded 10mm to allow the nozzle to be cleaned of surplus?

Hmm just thought if it’s tuned right there would not be any, but it would be a bonus in the tuning of it or not?
August 31, 2018 01:38AM
You can put whatever commands you like in the resume.g file. You could insert a fixed delay using the G4 command, or display a message prompting the user to clean the nozzle and signal when it has been done using M291.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login