Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet 2 Maestro power questions

Posted by dlc60 
Duet 2 Maestro power questions
June 01, 2020 03:46PM
I have a Duet 2 Maestro that I am going to use on my scratch-built CoreXY. I have a 40W hot end heater and a generic 150W PCB bed heater.
I have found specs that say that the bed heater on a Duet 2 can deliver 15Amps, which is fine for the bed heater at 12V, but I find specs that say either 2Amp max for each hot end or 5Amp max per hot end.
The Maestro tends to get left out in the documentation, so are all of the Duet 2 specs are also in force for the Duet 2 Maestro?
Can someone confirm if I can run a 40W E3Dv6 12V hot end on the Duet 2 Maestro? It isn't clear to me.

The web UI is way cool on this board and working through the web setup is tedious, it isn't as bad as sorting through Marlin source!

Many thanks,
DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Re: Duet 2 Maestro power questions
June 02, 2020 02:36AM
Yes you can run a 12V 40W heater from an extruder heater output on the Maestro. Use the screw terminal connector which is rated at 5A, not the 2-pin Molex connector which is rated at 2A.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 02, 2020 10:25AM
Thanks,

It works fine - Now to figure out why the Maestro board does not wait for the bed to heat up before it starts heating the hot end and starting the print...

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
June 10, 2020 12:48PM
dlc60
Thanks,

It works fine - Now to figure out why the Maestro board does not wait for the bed to heat up before it starts heating the hot end and starting the print...

DLC

Your probably using M140 instead of M190 to set your bed temperatures. M140 won't wait for it to be at temp, M190 will.
June 10, 2020 01:35PM
PDBeal
dlc60
Thanks,

DLC

Your probably using M140 instead of M190 to set your bed temperatures. M140 won't wait for it to be at temp, M190 will.

Maybe. But for whatever reason, it never happened again, so maybe my first foray into configuration did not go well. I have done about 5 or 6 passes so far. smiling smiley
Everything works fine right now, I really like this F/W and board.

DLC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login