Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

im new

Posted by Luke Plechaty 
im new
April 27, 2010 03:25PM
Hi I'm now and i wood like to make a reprap but i can not find a site to get the parts. I'm in Norwich can some one help please.
im new
April 29, 2010 12:54PM
can no one help
Re: im new
April 29, 2010 02:43PM
Good luck. I'd say start here:
[reprap.org]

If you are asking for a bonded loan of a set of printed Mendel parts, I'd strongly suggest getting everything else ready first.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 29, 2010 04:18PM
thank you
April 29, 2010 04:46PM
No worries.

I don't have any parts to loan (or even sell), but if I did, I'd loan them to someone who's got their extruder running, their stepper motors turning, and all their stud, threading, and fasteners on hand.

And if you get to that point, and can't source parts even as a bonded loan, then sell your initial investment of kit to some other poor bugger. grinning smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 30, 2010 09:15AM
Ebay is your best bet atm, search the wiki for the BOM (Bill Of Materials) and start acquiring parts.
May 21, 2010 08:22AM
There are a lot of people building in the UK. Mine is finished - but due to a few teething problems - I've not actually printed anything yet. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have something though.

It's only a matter of a few weeks / months before parts will become readily available here.

I've posted about the Thick Sheet parts - I had them water jet cut from polycarb, but the company who did them have the program now and will cut from anything for anybody.

Si
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login