Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Construction related tutorials for Blender

Posted by Helmi 
Construction related tutorials for Blender
May 27, 2012 01:13PM
Hi,

i had a first look into blender. I didn't think it will work for what we need around 3D Printing - i thought it's more for animation and rendering perposes but as many people around thingiverse seem to use it, it should work well.

I did some tutorials and i'm basically fine but i'd see some more construction related stuff. I still don't know how to work things out when it comes to exact measure and stuff.

Maybe some of you have some good links handy? I know blendercookie.com of course but didn't find so much there which helps us on our topics.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Frank
Re: Construction related tutorials for Blender
May 30, 2012 12:41AM
I have some that may help.

Blender
[www.rab3d.com]
[www.blendercookie.com]
[wiki.blender.org]
[wiki.blender.org]
[wiki.blender.org]

Also press "n" until the menu comes up next to the work area. Then when in mesh edit mode scroll down in the new menu until you see a check box marked "edge length" and check it. This will show the edge length which you can use to measure and draw using a single vertex like you would in a cad program by pressing "e" for extrude. After pressing "e" you can select x, y, or z to move it on an axis or "shift" and x, y, or z to lock it on an axis.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login