Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Creating paper templates

Posted by evilb 
Creating paper templates
September 26, 2012 07:29AM
Hi,

I need to match this greg's extruder with this arcol hotend. In the beginning i used steel wire to connect the two, but that has begun to move when i extrude leading to a plastic mess.

What i would like to do is replace the top wooden disk with an aluminium adaptor plate that is then bolted to the extruder to prevent movement.

I already have a bit of plate which should be sufficient for the job but not enough for a second try. So I want to create a paper template, similar to what Nophead mentions for the Mendel90. Ideally is just import the 2 files and take a slice and go from there. If this is not possible, i'll just go dig through openscad files (man i really wish technical drawings where available.. oh well)...

In any case what tools and formats would you recommend to create a paper template, and how do you make sure that you print to the right scale?

Are there free/cheap tools available to create technical drawings, (ideally from the 3d model)?

The freecad installation does not work on my computer so i'm stuck there.

evert
Re: Creating paper templates
September 26, 2012 09:14AM
So I went digging into the openscad files and create my own opscad drawing of the adapter plate.

Using projection() you can create a projection that you can then export as dxf and import in inkscape to print. Dimensions look ok in print.

Next step would be to find a suitable way to create technical drawings of pieces, would there be a way to export circles as circles to a cad package? that way it is possible to include hole locations etc.. (to the center of the hole).

evert
Re: Creating paper templates
October 24, 2012 03:07AM
For Mendel90 I process the DXF files with a python script and produce an SVG file with cross hairs over the hole centres and text showing the diameter.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login