Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

diy reprap set (want to order all the parts in a box)

Posted by Marc 
Hello i am a big fan of DIY projects like DIY-Beamers or Home-automation
Therefor i do often need special parts for simple mechanics.
I do rarely find fitting parts , so i do have to craft them myself by using wood metal or polycarbonate. This takes alot of time and effort.

I found your RepRap-project and its the perfect solution

I would very much apreciate a box with all the parts needed to complete a RepRap-maschine.

So that i would only have to stick parts together, solder wirers ,fasten screws and Flash the firmewrare to the controllerboard.

Is that possible ? i would not mind if the price would be slightly higher than the sum of all the parts.

thanks

ps.: sorry for my bad english
Re: diy reprap set (want to order all the parts in a box)
June 06, 2008 02:21AM
Good timing. If you go to [www.rrrf.org] you will see that Zach (US) has just announced the full electronics kit (the link to buy it seems to be broken however).

And then you can get the rest of the reprap from Ian (UK) [bitsfrombytes.com]

Then the only thing you should need are a few wires.

Zach, Ian, am I correct?
June 06, 2008 03:57PM
Absolutely correct RepRap in 2 boxes smiling smiley

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
Hello! I'm another newbie in a similar situation to the original poster, so I figured I'd just bump his thread instead of starting a redundant one. smiling smiley

My question is about the parts -- Ian's kit is rather expensive when you consider the current ~2:1 exchange rate of dollars to pounds. Is there a US-based source for one-stop shopping for the parts?

Secondly, it seems the "Complete Arduino Electronics Kit" available on rrrf.org has a quantity remaining of -3. Are there plans to restock them, and if so when are additional supplies expected?

Thanks for your time! This is an awesome project. smiling smiley
-- Jason
June 27, 2008 02:16AM
Try the Parts Lister [parts.reprap.org]

Most of the default suppliers are online stores based in the US but the main problem is the printed parts which currently are only available from the Bits and Bytes store at anywhere near a reasonable price. Currently these are made from molds but that may change in a couple of months as more of us finish making Darwins and start printing parts.

Also note that it lists each individual part and doesn't take into account the new kits so you should cross check what is in the kits with what is on the list.
Wow, that link is great. Thanks!

-- Jason
Anonymous User
February 04, 2009 03:59PM
The complete electronics kits are out of stock, but you can buy all the sub kits seperately except for the Stepper motor kit. You can buy the PCB from rrrf.org and then get all the pieces from mouser, with barely any hassle at all.

Or at least, thats what I did.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login