English • العربية • български • català • čeština • Deutsch • Ελληνικά • español • فارسی • français • hrvatski • magyar • italiano • română • 日本語 • 한국어 • lietuvių • Nederlands • norsk • polski • português • русский • Türkçe • українська • 中文（中国大陆） • 中文（台灣） • עברית • azərbaycanca •
We have various choices for communications, pick your favourite(s).
The RepRap community forum has a lot of information of current RepRap community events. It is a good place to get in touch and collaborate with RepRappers across the world. There is a certain amount of redundancy in the forum and IRC but it seems to work out.
For more details and backgrounds, see Mailing Lists.
Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
The internet relay chat (IRC) channel #RepRap on freenode is a fairly active community gathering point for many RepRappers. If you need specific help or want to get involved the IRC channel is a good place to do so.
If you are unfamiliar with IRC you can use your web browser. Just click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=reprap to join the channel. IRC hosts a bot, kthx, collecting knowledge snippets: http://bot.kthx.nl/bot/factoid
More Details on IRC, including country-specific channels.
Local User Groups and Hackerspaces
Of particular interest for new RepRappers is the RepRap User Group (RUG) forums which provide local hubs for RepRappers. If you are looking to find local help building a RepRap your local RUG forum or hackerspace may be the best place to start.
There are also RUG wiki pages available for some of the RUGs, although many of these are incomplete.
- Main: RepRap help
The RepRap project is community driven so helping out can be as simple as making a new extension and blogging about it or posting it in the Development Catalog.
Official software and hardware sources are stored on the RepRap Sourceforge SVN. If you wish to contribute a patch or bug report the RepRap project uses Sourceforge's issue tracker or you can contact Adrian directly if you are interested in gaining commit access although generally the issue tracker is a much faster route to having your patch accessible.
Lets face it, the documentation is sloppy and you've probably got some ideas on how to fix that. Go for it! This mediawiki is open to edit, if you run into troubles or aren't sure how to edit the pages you see here check out the help page (although that page is also a bit of a mess.. seems a bit of a cyclic problem).
You can find more info on the RepRap documentation and the tasks that need be done at the Wiki Administration portal.
There is also potentially some interest in doing some RepRap Collaborative Publications however it might be best to ask around on IRC or the forums to see if anyone is currently interested.
In particular, many people think it would be a wonderful thing to simplify the design and document the design in enough detail that a couple of 13-year-olds could build a RepRap: education.
Your financial contribution will help the RepRap development team in many ways; we always put our donations to good use. Whether it's investing in better tools, new motors, or more finely tuned extruders, we guarantee your donation directly supports our growth as an efficient community of makers. Ultimately, your monetary contribution allows us to continue our progress, making better and better printers with every dollar.
Blogs and Resources
- Reprap Aggregation Pipe ( aka Blog of Blogs ) <- best place to find all the RepRap blog updates
- Core Team Blog - A official blog of the RepRap Core Team
- Builders Blog - A second RepRap blog for the RepRap community
- Links and Blogs - A collection of links to different blogs and websites which deal directly with RepRap, or are of Interest to RepRappers.
- While there are Admins, we try to not put specific people onto a throne. That means: everybody doing a contribution to this wiki or this project is a contributor. You can look at their activity.
- Press coverage of RepRap
- RepRap World Map
- Related sites
- Builders/Links and Blogs
- Developer Bookshelf - A set of eBooks which capture some of the early development of the project. Currently consists of collections of various blog posts from core RepRap developers.
- RepRap Development Tracker - An external web application which aims to be a registry of 3D printing developments across a range of websites, such as github, Thingiverse, and this wiki.
- /r/RepRap - RepRap subreddit.
- 8ch.net/reprap/ - Related board on 8chan.