Neutron is one of two open source 3D printers designed by Layer One, the creator of Atom 3D Printers (Link to Proton )
While the RepRap project produced some functional printers, it was clear that nobody had intended to produce something for the desktop of the discerning designer. That’s where Layer One’s Proton and Neutron come in. If you're an open-source advocate, a tinkerer, and a designer with an eye for aesthetics, you’ll want one of these on your desk. All the printed parts of the printer is right here. Neutron was built in OnShape. Log in to remix your own version of Neutron!
- Bounding volume: 320 x 330 x 540mm
- Assembled weight: 3.75kg
- Max print volume: Φ140 x 200mm
- Accuracy: 0.1 ~ 0.3mm
- Printed Parts: 17 (19 with Extruder)
- Speed: 20mm/s perimeter, 30mm/s infill
There are some details of Neutron:
- File:Neutron stl files.zip
- File:Neutron Effector for E3D.zip
- File:Neutron step files.zip
- File:Neutron Assembly Drawing.pdf
Check this page Proton and you will find another RepRap printer designed by ATOM as well.