Proton is one of two open source 3D printers designed by Layer One, the creator of Atom 3D Printers (Link to Neutron )
While the RepRap project produced some functional printers, it was clear that nobody had intended to produce something for the desktop of the discerning designer. That’s where Layer One’s Proton and Neutron come in. If you're an open-source advocate, a tinkerer, and a designer with an eye for aesthetics, you’ll want one of these on your desk. All the printed parts of the printer is right here. Proton was built in OnShape. Log in to remix your own version of Proton!
- Bounding volume: 380 x 280 x 370mm
- Assembled weight: 4.25kg
- Max print volume:180 x 180 x 150mm
- Accuracy: 0.1 ~ 0.3mm
- Printed Parts: 10
- Speed: 20mm/s perimeter, 30mm/s infill
There are some details of Proton:
- File:Proton stl files.zip
- File:Proton Extruder for E3D.zip
- File:Proton step files.zip
- File:Proton Assembly Drawing.pdf
Check this page Neutron and you will find another RepRap printer designed by ATOM as well.