The TITAN is a 190x190x190mm machine designed for portability. It's the printer you take with you when you want to print something at a friends place. It has a build envelope of 80x80x70mm.
- Printed Parts: ???
- Non-Printed Parts: ???
- Printing Size: 80mm x 80mm x 70mm (3.1"x3.1"x2.75")
- Material Cost: ???
- Costs: ??? (assembled)
- Precision: ??? (position), ??? (printing)
- Speed: ??? (position), ??? (printing)
It's currently under development, and the first prototype is being build. It's a huge challenge to get all parts as small as possible.
- The Z stage cannot have a motor under it. Currently attempting an winching system.
- The HotEnd is an Ultimaker hotend (due to having a spare). But this hotend is quite large for the machine.
- Electronics are not yet fit into the design. I might design new electronics based on an LPCxpresso and 4 Pololu drivers.
People have many suggestions for this machine. Many of those can be tried later on.
- Use a car-jack like system for the Z stage
- Use wire instead of timing belts
- Investigate if a CoreXY frame could save space
- Investigate if you could remove 2 of the X/Y frame axes and just have the moving axes slide in a slot (requires a very rigid slider block)
- Design a custom, smaller hotend