I notice this page says the MKS BASE is NOT open source. I am no expert but thought it might be important to take a look at the page in my following link. It APPEARS to show source files which I cannot verify with my limited knowledge, however maybe someone who is can give some insight as to whether the files on the linked page are good enough to qualify it as open source. Link to the wiki page with the supposed source files http://reprap.org/wiki/MKS_BASE_1.0
- It's unclear why there are two pages for one board. The flagging is right, sources don't have to be somewhere in the wiki, but on the page describing the design. The other page wasn't flagged, but should be, for these 2 reasons:
- Sources should be editable, like in the original KiCAD or gEDA file. A PDF isn't sufficient, because not editable.
- Sources for the board layout are missing entirely.
- What counts is "Sufficient sources to make a copy".
- --Traumflug (talk) 11:59, 8 March 2015 (PDT)
From what I've been able to tell everything from MKS isn't OSH at all (mostly discussions with sellers who are closely aligned with aligned with MKS). While some of the information is useful to people who have the boards I agree the page is written as advertising.--LoH (talk) 09:56, 23 March 2016 (PDT)