Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

if we start manufacturing filament. would we get customers?

Posted by johnnyb 
Re: if we start manufacturing filament. would we get customers?
February 04, 2012 04:44PM
i have never worked with pla befor . so i am not sure if it acts like abs will. but i do know that i need 2 machines. one just for abs and one just for pla. i really dont want to promis i can get pla out in a said time and then look foolish becoulse i didnt. i would loose customers and get a bad rep.
February 04, 2012 04:57PM
I understand where your coming from. I would like to see how you find it different. When you do work with it. I used to spray urethane foam. It was amazing the difference between the manufacturer's products.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
February 06, 2012 12:25PM
Hi JohnnyB I have looked into the cost of filament and your projected costs are really cheap in comparison, I would buy from you also!
February 07, 2012 05:53PM
Which ABS resin will be used?

[haveblue.org]
February 07, 2012 06:08PM
PA-747 . but if anyone has anything they know is better. i am allways open to listen . my supplyer sudjested PA-747. but the end users are the ones that call the shots
February 07, 2012 10:33PM
It is great to have more companies producing filament here in North America. I will definately consider buying from you.
How do you want to sell your filament? Ebay/ webshop/ email?

Good Luck!
February 10, 2012 09:04PM
well we are on kickstarter right now. [www.kickstarter.com]
when we fill kickstarters customers then we will move to ebay
February 14, 2012 01:58PM
My vote is for some sort of injection molding grade resin, not PA-747. MG47 runs far better on my Stratasys than PA-747 due to the much higher flow rate. I'm mystified as to why people keep using PA-747 - it's like trying to push concrete through a syringe...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 02:03PM by Have Blue.

[haveblue.org]
February 14, 2012 09:23PM
one nice thing is our plastic supplyer is only 6 miles away. when we get funding ill look into MG47 . it prob cost more per lb. for the filament manufacturer . so more people use the other stuff becoulse it is ezer to find.
February 16, 2012 01:40PM
Actually, I think the only reason that people use PA-747 is because everybody else is... At least in the US, most of this filament is coming from places who make 'plastic welding rod', which doesn't really have the same properties that you'd want in feedstock for a 3D printer.

MG47 will cost more, but it's not the only option - I suggest you take a close look at Enviroplas ENV00-P0503N-7000, which has nearly the same characteristics, and is very inexpensive ($1.59/lb. at 1500 lbs. last I checked).

[haveblue.org]
February 16, 2012 07:03PM
FYI, after one very bad (and wasteful) experience with 1.75mm PLA in 5lb "bundle" form I would never buy filament that's not on a spool ever again. Even at half the price it's not worth it if it tangles.

(the bundle that went haywire for me was placed directly onto a spindle before the ties on the bundle were released and it still tangled horribly -- it probably shifted in transit before I ever got it)
February 16, 2012 07:13PM
i saw you webpage... i want your zcourp...lol .. we are looking into cardboard spools...nobody freek out...it just somthing we want to check on
February 16, 2012 07:37PM
Good idea. I don't like paying to ship polystyrene spools and then throwing three a week on the tip. It seems incredibly wasteful.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login