Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with thermistor

Posted by HereIgoAgain 
Problem with thermistor
February 18, 2012 10:19AM
Seems I've been here before. Gen 3 electronics. Difference this time is software compiles and installs. Problem is temperature say's 0. software runs but always says t:0. I've had similar issues before but then the software would just hang and the issue was usually SCL/SDA D9/D10 issue. I have swapped out the mother board with another and swapped out the extruder board (albeit with extruder boards with other issues) but the temp always worked. I have placed a new thermistor right on the extruder board. always says 0 ?? Note: I am evolving to ramps and have bought same which I hope to use on a new prusa that is almost built i need the mendel to finish making parts. any ideas ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2012 02:32PM by HereIgoAgain.
Re: Problem with thermistor
February 18, 2012 10:35AM
Have you considered gen3+ ? [koti.kapsi.fi]
More info if you have techzone remix: [reprap.org] (at the bottom)

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
February 18, 2012 02:33PM
hmm that does look tempting. I have makerbot electronics. Is that hard to get to work ?
February 18, 2012 03:48PM
I haven't tried it myself, but for regular gen3 it should be nothing more than building it (pcbs are here: [www.lulzbot.com] ), plugging it in and uploading a firmware with the correct pinout.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
February 18, 2012 06:27PM
don't mean to sound ungrateful but after looking at the parts list and trying to identify and find the parts and then adding the "upload the firmware with the correct pinout " might send me into a rabbit hole that I may never find my way out of. I think I'm ok building if there are good plans and directions. Still find it strange that everything seems to work except the temperature always says 0. I think I did upload a newer version of the software I wonder if that did something to me original setup ??
February 25, 2012 08:46AM
Well since I haven't heard anything else on this thread, I believe with these electronics I will try the 3+ approach. I'll let you know how it all goes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login