Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Rapid Prototyping Technology

Posted by banthafodder7400 
New Rapid Prototyping Technology
April 04, 2012 11:40AM
[www.fastcodesign.com]
Saw this article today and though some of you might be interested in it.

Ryan
Quality Engineer & Hobbyist
thingsandtrains.blogspot.com
VDX
Re: New Rapid Prototyping Technology
April 04, 2012 04:23PM
... google for molecubes and catoms too, that are 'first steps' on the road to foglets or 'utility fog' grinning smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 04, 2012 07:57PM
Yes this idea is fairly old. What I would be more interested in is: actually tiny and cheap to make "pixels" for this to work with. Besides, even if the pixels were tiny you would still need to have an object made out of smart elements. How structurally sound could this object be? How many different materials could you build with? Probably not many. 3d printing would still be useful.
April 05, 2012 04:54PM
Hey, I love science fiction. I think it is premature to call this a "new technology" though. I like the quote "shrinking the hardware presents the biggest long-term challenge". iow, we've had a great idea, but we don't know how to achieve it.
April 06, 2012 05:52AM
I agree with you bobc, its one thing to have a concept but to make it reality is another, having said that it may well happen in years to come, but for now I'll stick with the achievable.

Random Precision
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login