Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r Version 9.2 Broken -> BEWARE hot smiley

Posted by Idolcrasher 
Slic3r Version 9.2 Broken -> BEWARE hot smiley
September 05, 2012 04:56PM

Slic3r Home Page

A word of warning to all the Slic3r fans out in RepRap TV land:

Slic3r 9.2 does not properly position the first layer Z height: IT WILL LEAVE IT AT ZERO

-> If you are the kind of guy who "over squishes" their first layer, you will be in for a surprise as your nozzle drags through your print bed. drinking smiley

->If your printer survives the first layer, the print will be destroyed anyway, as the second layer will rise to the appropriate height and now extrude plastic in mid air angry smiley

It seems that this problem is present when using the "Lift" feature, but I have read conflicting reports...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 04:58PM by Idolcrasher.
Re: Slic3r Version 9.2 Broken -> BEWARE hot smiley
September 06, 2012 09:36PM
I am using 0.9.2 without the lift feature, and have not experienced any if the issues, so I assume it is only when using lift.

-Rob A>
Re: Slic3r Version 9.2 Broken -> BEWARE hot smiley
September 07, 2012 12:47AM
It doesn't do the first layer properly either if you set it to a percentage of the speed than the rest of the layers. It seems to make thicker filaments resulting from slower carriage/bed speed at the same extruder flow rate which is compensated by increasing the spacing between threads. I'm now back to the latest 0.8.x which slows down both feed rate and flow rate together on the first layer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login