Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer encloser DIY tutorials.

Posted by BoriSpider 
Printer encloser DIY tutorials.
June 15, 2012 01:47PM
Anyone have such a tutorial? I know carbon filter and 1+ case fan.
Any blogs or Instructables?

This is for filtering out ofensive/harmful printer fumes.

ISTAR Scope Club
Re: Printer encloser DIY tutorials.
June 15, 2012 04:26PM
Not much to make a tutorial for, really. It's just a box, and the size would depend on the size of your printer. You could even just take a cardboard box and drop it over the printer, cut a hole in the top and tape down a fan.

Just make sure the inside temperatures doesn't get too high, especially if your parts are in PLA. Overheating electronics can also lead to a wide range of weird behaviour or even permanent damage.

I built a fume extractor for soldering, and used carbon filters made for aquariums, as those are easy to source.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
June 16, 2012 02:33PM
I didn't even think about the ambient temp in the box. Tnx for the tip Nudel.

ISTAR Scope Club
June 16, 2012 11:13PM
Going to read that web site, I considered that would be a need for the product at some time.

The plan I had for air filtration is:
Two bicycle pumps running on a motorized gear, like pistons on a cam shaft, with intake of air attached to a fume tube, and output of bicycle pump attached to a bong, would make a pretty good water filtration system. Using a cheap power drill for the motor would supply plenty of torque, although it could be geared if necessary, although would only be pushing air at same pressure outside and inside, so would not take much to move the air.

That was my plan to build an air filtration system, then use a plastic tent over build area for covering product while cooking.

Bob Eastwood
Robert Eastwood

Side note, then if someone asks why you have a bong, you can honestly say it is a air filtration device smiling smiley LOL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 11:36PM by Robert Eastwood.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login