Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-lift only on nozzle change

Posted by Aberrant 
Z-lift only on nozzle change
October 22, 2013 08:48PM
I noticed that in my case it would be great to enable Z-lift during a nozzle change, or when switching from one print head to the other while still keeping the rest of the print with no z-lift. I would love to see this added in Repetier Host.

I see at the bottom the retract settings for switching print heads. I got those dialed in as best I could, and got improved results. I added in z lift and it did seem to help as well, but I only need z-lift when switching nozzles. After sitting for a few seconds the nozzle begins to form a string even with the retract set to 10mm. The Z-lift seemed to help a bit as well but I don't need it on every layer, just nozzle changes.

I assume there is a manual way of doing so, perhaps by going into the G-code and copy pasting in a z-lift value when the command to change print heads comes up. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Z-lift only on nozzle change
October 27, 2013 12:39PM
Try out Slic3r (http://slic3r.org/) I believe the newer versions can do most of what you're talking about. winking smiley

Through self sustaining actions comes freedom

DIY Tech Shop
October 27, 2013 01:04PM
diytechshop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try out Slic3r (http://slic3r.org/) I believe the
> newer versions can do most of what you're talking
> about. winking smiley

Thanks diytechshop. Actually slic3r is what I have been using. There is an option to enable Z-lift, and also advanced options for retraction on nozzle/tool change. The issue with this is that the Z-lift is only available for the standard print options. To clarify, I have the option to retract much more when a nozzle change occurs, but normal retraction on layer change. I would like to have the same advanced options that allow me to do z-lift on nozzle change and not for every layer. The same way you can set a retraction value for every layer, and a different value for nozzle changes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2013 01:05PM by Aberrant.
October 28, 2013 03:24AM
OK, so I think I just figured out the answer to my question, but I have not tested it. I see that in the Printer Settings tab of Slicer, there are spaces for Custom G code. There is a section for G-code upon tool change. This is exactly what I need. I will look up the G-code for Z-lift and give that a try.
November 12, 2013 07:02AM
Has anyone figured out how to do this?

At the moment, my nozzels are melting the existing print while waiting for the next nozzel to warm up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login