Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

very disapointed on Reprapdiscount product and service

Posted by newkid 
Anonymous User
Re: very disapointed on Reprapdiscount product and service
December 16, 2013 10:52AM
I can compete on the price. My new hot end is $27.50.

As for the charges of xenophobia and racism, it seems that's the liberals go to argument when they have nothing intelligent to say. Can you argue that what they're doing isn't wrong, or at the least morally questionable? Can you say China is an open and democratic society? If an American company did this, wouldn't there be a major scandle?
December 16, 2013 02:25PM
ohioplastics

As for the charges of xenophobia and racism, it seems that's the liberals go to argument when they have nothing intelligent to say. Can you argue that what they're doing isn't wrong, or at the least morally questionable? Can you say China is an open and democratic society? If an American company did this, wouldn't there be a major scandle?

American,Australian,European companies do it all the time, it depends on what you are selling of course and you need to know where to look, the activity in it's simplest form is a credit reporting agency it's not just your name and address that is view-able thats in there, and they can stop you from being able get a loan to buy a house.

why exactly should china be open and democratic? if anything the western world could learn a thing or two from the Chinese.

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

December 16, 2013 02:32PM
I've bought from reprapdiscount; on the whole it was a very pleasant transaction. At no point did they raise any issues related to my race, nationality, or government's policies, which as a customer I really appreciated.
Anonymous User
December 16, 2013 02:58PM
thejollygrimreaper
why exactly should china be open and democratic?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..." ~Thomas Jefferson

Also,

"It is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer." ~Benjamin Franklin
December 16, 2013 03:17PM

I've bought from reprapdiscount; on the whole it was a very pleasant transaction. At no point did they raise any issues related to my race, nationality, or government's policies, which as a customer I really appreciated.

This is far funnier than it appears on a first read. Well played!
December 16, 2013 03:49PM
ohioplastics
thejollygrimreaper
why exactly should china be open and democratic?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..." ~Thomas Jefferson

Also,

"It is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer." ~Benjamin Franklin

both sound good, when do they go into practice?.......

it should probably be noted that just like the rest of us Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin are/were victims of much earlier crime against humanity: the first of the early man to say "this is mine" (the inventor of property) , fast forward several thousand years later and we're only just starting to see a conscious change to this line of thinking,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 03:49PM by thejollygrimreaper.

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

Anonymous User
December 16, 2013 05:21PM
Well, they weren't perfect. Most were just angry slave holders who didn't want to pay their taxes. America's not perfect. If I could live in any place in the world, it'd be Australia, we're you can smoke Cuban cigars and drink fourx beer. Now that's a eutopian society.
December 17, 2013 04:53AM
ohioplastics
Well, they weren't perfect. Most were just angry slave holders who didn't want to pay their taxes. America's not perfect. If I could live in any place in the world, it'd be Australia, we're you can smoke Cuban cigars and drink fourx beer. Now that's a eutopian society.

I live in China- no problem with cuban cigars or beer from any place on the planet. The Internet is fast and never throttled for using Bittorrent. I can get every part needed for a 3D printer off the shelf within a 1km radius walk. During that time I'd be lucky if I saw a single police officer in a day of walking around Shenzhen- when I walk the streets of New York there is a swat team on every corner staring down everyone who walks by. I have NEVER in 10 years seen a Chinese police officer search and frisk a pedestrian. When I visited Hong Kong this weekend and tourists ignored the Mainland immigration officers and kept taking pictures at Customs they were not handcuffed and thrown in a holding cell- try that with the TSA.

I have plenty of pictures of Chinese 3D printing factories and all offer conditions that are as good, or better than their US counterparts. Those Chinese workers are under the legal minimum 1 year contract and are nearly impossible to fire without massive fines- downsizing is basically unheard of. Should any of the ladies get pregnant they get the government mandated 98 days paid maternity leave.

No- it's not a utopian society, there are many problems- but you clearly have never been here so have absolutely no clue what they are and are simply on a racist rant.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2013 08:07PM by Timaz.
Anonymous User
December 17, 2013 09:36AM
Timaz
No- it's not a utopian society, there are many problems- but you clearly have never been here so have absolutely no clue what they are and are simply on a racist rant.

I can mathematically prove that I'm not a racist. Since racism is the hatred of people of another race, and I love all types of women regardless of race, and women make up 51% of the population, then at worst I am only 49% racist.

However, since I also live in a democracy, 51% of the voices in my head wins over the 49%. I am therefore incapable of racism.

Timaz
During that time I'd be lucky if I saw a single police officer in a day of walking around Shenzhen- when I walk the streets of New York there is a swat team on every corner staring down everyone who walks by. I have NEVER in 10 years seen a Chinese police officer search and frisk a pedestrian. When I visited Hong Kong this weekend and tourists ignored the Mainland immigration officers and kept taking pictures at Customs they were not handcuffed and thrown in a holding cell- try that with the TSA.

When terrorists kill 3,000 innocent people in Hong Kong, let me know. Douche.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2013 01:20AM by ohioplastics.
December 17, 2013 10:08AM
ohiop, please stop posting your commercial links in the General forums.

In case of edition I'm refering to those two posts (for instance) :

I also want to say that if you buy from me on my Ebay store , I absolutely will not give away your personal information. That's not how we role. We believe in Google's motto, "Don't be evil."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2013 10:13AM by DeuxVis.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
December 17, 2013 12:45PM
newkid
And also very expensive.

2560+RMAPS easy to get by $40.

but they are selling $94

First off, do some research before you start buying stuff willy nilly. The ORD is not designed by RRD, just like 90% of printer related items on ebay. If I go buy Prusa i3 parts off ebay, I don't expect them to ship instructions. They are simply packaging a kit, although it would be good for them to package instructions they don't need to. This printer is well documented on buildlog as posted earlier and the designer is Bart Dring(sp?) who came up with Makerslide which is why the kits use that extrusion profile..

Second, go ahead and buy that "Arduino" and Ramps for $40. Good luck using your printer. RRD has the cheapest prices out of suppliers I trust, in fact I just ordered a Taurino on Saturday 12/14/13 night and it is currently waiting at my local Fedex for pickup on 12/17/13. That is damn good service from Hong Kong, you can't even get that fast of shipping accross the US for $15.

Go ahead, buy everything as cheap as you can find. Don't expect help when your "Arduino" won't turn on because you paid $5 for it.
December 18, 2013 05:14AM
I have been reading through this thread and am surprised that you are still able to post.

Having been to China myself and have been dealing with the Chinese for many years, I must say that it is more pleasant and also more reliable to deal with them than dealing with similar companies here in Australia and especially in USA.
While in China, I was pleasantly surprised to see the extent of their development, the buildings, roads and the work places are something to be envied by many other countries. Many of the factories are robotic and the products made by machines or highly skilled workers.

As for Reprapdiscounts, I have made many purchases from them and have had no problems whatever, the products have been superb, price has been right, deliver has been very quick and also very cheap, cheaper in fact than buying within Australia. Any needed information has been forthcoming in a short time and very pleasant.

Back to your posts, I find them most offending and certainly not appropriate for this forum. You have degraded yourself and made a mockery of others showing the way you think and feel. Time to grow up I think.
December 18, 2013 06:47AM
ohioplastics
Timaz
During that time I'd be lucky if I saw a single police officer in a day of walking around Shenzhen- when I walk the streets of New York there is a swat team on every corner staring down everyone who walks by. I have NEVER in 10 years seen a Chinese police officer search and frisk a pedestrian. When I visited Hong Kong this weekend and tourists ignored the Mainland immigration officers and kept taking pictures at Customs they were not handcuffed and thrown in a holding cell- try that with the TSA.

When terrorists kill 3,000 innocent people in Hong Kong, let me know. Douche.

@ohioplastics : I believe that by insulting other users - you know those are people, right ? - you probably harm your reputation and potentially your business more than anyone else.
Please go ahead, continue.

@everyone else : from my experience replying / continuing arguing with that kind of poster is useless and only lead to more of the same kind of post. I'd advise to take a mental note to just ignore him.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
December 18, 2013 07:27AM
Maybe we should pass around the name of the ohioplastics ebay store and tell everyone not to buy from them because of this guys attitude. Just found another post where he made some nice comments. I'll have to remember to avoid ohioplastics at all costs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2013 08:37AM by tjb1.
December 18, 2013 08:20AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2013 08:21AM by Bantha.
December 18, 2013 08:22AM
You mean 60 years!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
December 18, 2013 11:37AM
MODS,

Just shut down this entire thread,

It's clearly going no where RepRap or 3D Printer related.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.