Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to start print at the center

Posted by alfadex 
how to start print at the center
April 03, 2014 06:17PM
I cannot find where to adjust to start printing at the center of the bed and now up-left!
i also try it at slic3r , i go printer settings and put print center
x : 82
y: 90
but nothing
I want to change to teach up,but i cannot find it

I am 1/8 microsteping y - x

#define X_MIN 0.0
#define X_MAX 164.0

#define Y_MIN 0.0
#define Y_MAX 180.0

#define Z_MIN 0.0
#define Z_MAX 90.0
Re: how to start print at the center
April 04, 2014 10:23AM
It is unclear what you are trying to adjust. You could adjust the center with the physical locations of endstops, the firmware code, the slicer, or maybe the host software.

So, if you send:

G28 ; to home things
M114 ;  to see where the printer thinks it is
G1 x82 y90 F200; to send it where you think the center is
M114 ; to see where the printer thinks it is

Does the printer act as expected?

If so, then Slic3r should be configurable to this with:

PrinterSettings/General/Size&Coordinates/Bed Settings/BedSize: X=164 Y=180  & PrintCenter: X:82 Y90 ; set bed size and center
hit the little disk icon to save the settings

Then, if you do slice a part into gcode, it should place the part relative to your center. You could look at the .gcode output to see what it did.
April 04, 2014 01:31PM
Dave tnxx , i was doing exactly those things but i was extracting to stl .When i extract to gcode ,it starts from the center, i don't know why but never minds i will extract to gcode.

I want to ask something else, while z axis works perfect , now it makes so much noise and motors does not move. I adjust pololu drivers, but the same, when i put low it makes low noise and when i adjust to high it makes too much noise but no movement. I replace 4 pololu but the same

In config file is

#define STEPS_PER_M_Z 320000

But if i adjust to half 160000 ,it moves but now the wright distance

Also ,micro stepping at z motors ,doesn't works! Even if i adjust to 1/8 or 1/16 ,it works all the time to 1/2.
Why?
April 04, 2014 02:12PM
alfadex
In config file is

#define STEPS_PER_M_Z 320000

But if i adjust to half 160000 ,it moves but now the wright distance
320000 is several orders of magnitude too high. Most likely you're telling it to try to move say at 120mm per minute (a reasonable but pokey 2 rotations per second with M6 threaded rod) to which the electronics translates to mean it needs to send 640000 steps to the stepper driver. Arduinos top out at around 4000 steps per second and you'd be trying to send 160 times that.

That number should = # steps per revolution * number of microsteps / thread pitch.

For instance, if you have a standard 1.8 degree stepper (200 steps/revolution), 1/16 microstepping, and M6 threaded rod for you z-axis, your formula would be 200 * 16 / 1 = 3200.
If you have .9 degree steppers (400 steps/revolution), 1/8 microstepping, and M8 threaded rod, you're formula would be 400 * 8 / 1.25 = 2560.

Alternatively, you can use this calculator that does all the difficult math based on your inputs (with presets if you don't know what your thread pitch actually is).
April 06, 2014 07:30PM
Great thank you very much ,that site with calculation is very good, i fianally manage to print with this f@cking machine, this rep rap is very lucky that is alive

i have3 questions

Question 1

Do you notice any problem from photos andr videos

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Question 2

Ponteface says estimated duration 2 hours and 33 minutes ,but it last 3 hours and 16 minutes.
Is adjusted something wrong?

Question 3

Is is usual to break so easy the filament?? It is 1.78 mm

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login