Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AWorldnet A600 Not Working

Posted by NigelW 
Re: AWorldnet A600 Not Working
February 09, 2015 08:05PM
I just found this on youtube: [www.youtube.com]

There are many other pictures on google.
February 09, 2015 08:07PM
Later.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2015 08:14PM by billober33974.
February 09, 2015 08:11PM
billober33974
I have an A602 which is similar. I uploaded the assembly video to youtube :[youtu.be]

I am getting "This video is private." when I click the link.
February 09, 2015 08:17PM
Try this one; it's for the A600 [www.youtube.com]
February 09, 2015 08:22PM
I have some other assembly files, however they are all bigger than the 614kb limit. I would need an email address to send them to you.
February 09, 2015 08:39PM
billober33974
I have some other assembly files, however they are all bigger than the 614kb limit. I would need an email address to send them to you.

Yes, that would be great! My email is: drbogger@gmail.com

Thanks!
February 10, 2015 03:14AM
Any problems let me know and I will put them in a dropbox folder for you.

Dave
February 12, 2015 05:02PM
This is the Link for the a600.
[drive.google.com]
If anyone Could send me the firmware settings for the printer I would be much appreciated. Since I have assembled it I can't get it to properly move on the all axis's. the Y axis will move one way but not the other. X is the same plus I can't seem to set up the steps right for the z axis since I can't find the specs on the acme screws.
February 12, 2015 09:38PM
Just got all axis going good had the pots too high. Now trying to get the steps per mm and the extruder steps.
February 12, 2015 09:52PM
Once you get the steps per mm figured out, please let me know what they are! I am in the process of designing a belt tensioner for the X & Y Axes.
I already have the Y Axis complete and working, but the X Axis is gonna be a tough one. I'm trying to place it behind the extruder, but theres not much room to work with back there.
February 13, 2015 12:45AM
I'm getting closer to having the steps per mm down the last 10x10x10 cube was a little over.
February 14, 2015 10:46AM
I have some preliminary settings for the printer from the seller. Here are the steps per mm for each axis x and y 100 z motor is 405.4591 and extruder is 96. I am running some calibration cubes and will report back with results and a correction formula if needed. Also I have found that if i am getting slight malformations in my print it usually means that some stepper motors are skipping steps. This can be corrected with the pots on the board or by changing your acceleration and max feed rates. I suggest using the pots first. I will post more when I have it being consistent.
February 15, 2015 10:27AM
I found out after dealing with the same issue that if you tighten the top bolt that holds the cooling fan and acts as a hinge for the extruder idler it can cause binding. Thus not allowing it to automatically adjust for the difference in filament thickness. Once I loosened mine up it has been smooth sailing ever since.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 10:40AM by transmech.
February 15, 2015 10:39AM
Ok here they are after printing a thousand 10x10x10 test cubes I got from here [www.thingiverse.com] i measured it using my calipers I then used this formula to correct it. Oldsteps per mm *10/actual cube measurement=new steps per mm. this should get you dead on. Here are my numbers just so you have a starting point. X=96.4320 Y=98.9120 Z=386.2771 and for the extruder see my post before this for some important hair saving info.As for the steps I used 95.265. Be careful of the acceleration settings they can cause missed steps.
February 15, 2015 11:15AM
What do you recommend for acceleration settings?
February 15, 2015 02:47PM
Here is my complete settings file for repetier host you can upload it. So far it works and I have gotten really good results. I will be constantly updating it till i find that balance between speed and quality I like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 08:33PM by transmech.
February 16, 2015 08:37PM
Ok had some major setbacks. Found out that the firmware would reset constantly. This is directly because of the reset jumper being set so once you set the parameters you need to pull that jumper. see the Melzi v2.0 wiki. Other than that I did this file and it came out very well. [www.thingiverse.com] I am happy with it so far just need ways to manage the filament better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 08:37PM by transmech.
February 17, 2015 08:19AM
transmech
Here is my complete settings file for repetier host you can upload it. So far it works and I have gotten really good results. I will be constantly updating it till i find that balance between speed and quality I like.

Looks like your settings file has disappeared.
February 17, 2015 05:27PM
hi y'all nice to know that i am not the only one to have some issue with this 3d printer .
well my problem is the hot bed it won't go higher that 40deg... but i can print object
ok here what i check so far.
volt in 12.22dc
test thermo sensor with hair drier to see that goes up the temp and its ok
check volt going to the bad and is 12vdc
check all connection to the board all ok4.94/
yes it take more that 30 minutes to reach 40 deg the base.
extruder works fine any temp a set, will go up qucick
about the main board , i so a video from youtube where i see a red led coming on when the printer is ready to print but on my board v2.0 not i only see a green led blick when the pc send data. don't know if they are different board outthere for the same A600.
i use the software the came with the 3d printer cura (old version) and repetier-host (old version)
any idea what could be beside ???
thank you.
February 17, 2015 05:42PM
Try hooking up the bed directly to the 12v power supply, and monitor temp to see if it goes higher then 40c
February 17, 2015 08:17PM
thank you for the input , i didn't think on test the hotbed with 12vdc direct,
i will try that us soon my ebay seller tell's something , just got it , last week.
if not getting hot then is the plate bad got it.
February 17, 2015 08:29PM
Sorry about the missing file here it is.
Attachments:
open | download - best settings a600.epr (3.5 KB)
February 22, 2015 08:48PM
I finished the Belt Tensioners for Both the X and Y Axis.
I also modified a X Belt Clamp I found on thingiverse. I made it stronger by adding Zip Tie Support.

Belt Tensioners:
[www.thingiverse.com]

X-Belt Holder:
[www.thingiverse.com]

Enjoy!
February 24, 2015 06:46AM
Many thanks for your help guys.

Having spent considerable time on this over the weekend, it seems the problem as Jaguarking suggested is in the settings.

vrati пощенки кутии
February 24, 2015 09:44AM
Has anyone else noticed a lot of wobble in the bearings on the X-Axis?
On mine the bearings are so loose that I can wobble the extruder around with my hands.
February 24, 2015 05:34PM
Newest update. Manage to print a heart with movable gears then the board went bonkers on next try. It had a thermal runaway on the extruder and climbed past 650 degrees Celsius. After that board would keep repeating homing routine and never print. So I changed the board out with a ramps 1.4 setup. That's when the extruder started leaking out of the block and I didn't see it for a while. I finally fixed it today and the prints are turning out ok just needs some tweaking. Also, the new board prints at 2x the speed as the other with no missed steps. I couldn't be happier. If you all are interested I might be able to upload the working firmware and point you to where I purchased the board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 05:35PM by transmech.
March 04, 2015 08:02AM
Hi! nice that you have running it again smiling smiley
i understand the frustration, had the same problem with my extruder. I managed to break the threads in my alu block when i was replacing the hot end. fortunately my friend sugested to use teflon tape and now everything is running where it should. smiling smiley
i have the spare ramps and i wolud be interested in firmware once you get it running if it is not too much trouble.

cheers
March 04, 2015 11:37AM
Will do later this week. Also do you have an lcd? Also what about the auto level hardware? If not I can send you the link to the thingiverse.com file for it. You wouldn't believe the difference it makes.
March 04, 2015 11:43AM
Anyone figure out how to upload firmware to the melzi board? If so let me know. I would like to see if it was corrupt and that had caused the malfunction.
March 05, 2015 04:49AM
jes, i have lcd but no autoleveling....so far smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login