Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PCB Board Maker

Posted by Arduino_dog 
PCB Board Maker
June 03, 2010 05:49PM
Hi Everyone

I want get some PCB boards made up. Where will be good place to get them done. I would like GM3 Noise Suppressor v1.0 and Stepper Tester v1.0 to be made up.

Thanks for your time and reply's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2010 06:15PM by Arduino_dog.
Re: PCB Board Maker
June 03, 2010 09:00PM
Depends on your priorities, speed or price?
The least expensive that I know about is batch pcb, but I can take up to a month(worst case). I've heard good thing, but I havn't used them myself. Being a poor college student I don't know about the faster ones.

----------------------------------------------------
Build Progress Blog
June 03, 2010 10:04PM
Are there any reprap PCBs up at batchpcb.com besides

[batchpcb.com]

Brief: Breakout board for 4 SparkFun EasyDriver boards, with RepRap & MakerBot compatible connectors

I'd try to u/l the Makebot open source boards if someone could nudge me in the right direction. I'm running Ubuntu and have not tried any PCB software yet.
June 07, 2010 12:33AM
I've not used BatchPCB, but the files needed should already be in the reprap-mendel-20100308.zip release file, under mendel/electronics/ (or you can get them from svn, but nothing in those directories (for the Gen3 electronics) has been changed since the 20100308 release). The software used for designing these boards was the free (closed source, free as in beer) version of Eagle, which runs fine on Ubuntu.

So, you would need to download and install eagle for Linux. Then use it -- open a gerb274x "cam job", open a board file such as motherboard.brd, and process the job. In seconds you should get a set of motherboard.* files, some of which you could then upload to BatchPCB. Repeat this for each further PCB you want produced (at least 1x extruder controller, 3x stepper controller, 3x opto endstops, I would think). Then do any sanity checking on the files you want to do, and upload to BatchPCB.

That's the principle... doing this in practice may need a little more fiddling about. If you need detailed help with Eagle usage, I'm not your best source for that... but others here on the forums can probably help out if you ask specific questions about that.

Not quite incidentally, before spending time and money doing this, please do check that your costs for all the electronics parts, plus getting the boards made, does not exceed the cost of buying a set of assembled boards -- it can be pretty close unless you are buying in large quantities.

Jonathan
June 07, 2010 12:48AM
I just realized the original post was asking about "GM3 Noise Suppressor v1.0 and Stepper Tester v1.0" boards. Those are not Gen3, of course, so they are not under mendel/electronics/. The files are under darwin/electronics/Arduino-Sanguino/gm3-noise-suppressor/ and darwin/electronics/PIC/stepper-tester instead.

Jonathan
January 10, 2012 02:56PM
im a studant so i making som board
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login