Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

e3d v6 problem

Posted by trist077 
e3d v6 problem
May 31, 2015 09:50AM
webt to use printer today after putting new filliment in and cant use as lcd reads 208 celsus max temp error even though the end is cold if i hold the thermister in the hole a little it reads 730

proterface cant heat cause of error any help
Re: e3d v6 problem
May 31, 2015 11:12AM
What reads 730, and what does "holding the thermistor in the hole" a little mean?
May 31, 2015 11:22AM
pushing down on the thermistor a bit keeping in hole

730 on the lcd
just looked on youtube and there should be a small bolt and washer holding thermistor in guess what mine never had one but i guess that what you get for buying secand hand
going to get a new thermistor and try
May 31, 2015 01:33PM
It sure is a cold solder somewhere between thermistor and controller.
-Olaf
May 31, 2015 03:09PM
ordered the new pt100 from esd online a lot more accurate than a thermistor so hopefully this will sort it though

but now the thermister is unpluged from the board the displa is still showing 200 i unplugged the heatbed too that says 0 degrees
May 31, 2015 09:12PM
trist077
just looked on youtube and there should be a small bolt and washer holding thermistor in guess what mine never had one but i guess that what you get for buying secand hand

I have 2 Chinese hot ends, both claiming to be E3D V6. One has a small screw and PTFE washer to hold the thermistor in, the other doesn't. On the second one, the heater cartridge and thermistor wires are taped together, so that when the cartridge is in place, the thermistor is held in its hole.

I don't know which of these is the genuine E3D V6 design.
May 31, 2015 11:48PM
frankvdh
trist077

I have 2 Chinese hot ends, both claiming to be E3D V6. One has a small screw and PTFE washer to hold the thermistor in, the other doesn't. On the second one, the heater cartridge and thermistor wires are taped together, so that when the cartridge is in place, the thermistor is held in its hole.

I don't know which of these is the genuine E3D V6 design.

Neither.
May 31, 2015 11:49PM
trist077
ordered the new pt100 from esd online a lot more accurate than a thermistor so hopefully this will sort it though

but now the thermister is unpluged from the board the displa is still showing 200 i unplugged the heatbed too that says 0 degrees

You know that a PT100 can't be connected to a thermistor connection, right? Two different kinds of signals.
June 01, 2015 01:12PM
bought from esd online and it said it would fit the v6 kit when bought with the new heatsink block
June 01, 2015 02:56PM
trist077
bought from esd online and it said it would fit the v6 kit when bought with the new heatsink block

OK, it fitĀ“s mechanically, but for the RAMPS you would need a interface-board.
-Olaf
June 01, 2015 09:40PM
trist077

Right, but it doesn't output a thermistor style signal...
June 02, 2015 08:44AM
ok so i need a amplifier board as my eletronics only support adc and the pt100 is rtd so where can i get such board
June 02, 2015 11:38AM
trist077
ok so i need a amplifier board as my eletronics only support adc and the pt100 is rtd so where can i get such board

Have you asked the dumbass who sold the pt100 to you?
June 02, 2015 01:00PM
rang today and there not there so got ring tommorow but the womon on the phone said you should not have any problems connecting it
June 03, 2015 02:49AM
Although the pt100 is more precise and have a wider temperature margin in the e3d page it clearly states that they are only compatible with makerbot electronics and that they would require additional electronics to plug it in a ramps.

As for the normal Thermistor, is not that hard to get it working. From what you tell it appears that you have ether a broken wire or the Thermistor leads are shorting. Make sure the fiberglass sleeving is pressed all the way down so when the termistor is bent and inserted into the hole, there are no copper exposed. Also press firmly the ferrules so the Thermistor leads and the cable make a good electrical connection and don't forget to insulate them (if the short then the readings will be way off). Take a look into the e3d assembly instructions, they are pretty clear and if you follow them precisely things should work as expect
June 03, 2015 09:34AM
right bought new thermistor solded and heatshrinked fitted to hotend and still the same any ideas 208 degrees bed heats up fine

the only thing i tried its 05 for the thermistor in marlin i changed to 1 it wen t to 245 so put back to 5 as this is the resistor i have
June 03, 2015 09:40AM
i just tried preheating abs as this is set to 240 even though the lcd did not change from 208 the hotend fells very hot
June 03, 2015 02:02PM
can u wire a thermistor the wrong way to the board
June 03, 2015 02:22PM
No, thermistors do not have polarity.
June 03, 2015 02:57PM
javitopia
Although the pt100 is more precise and have a wider temperature margin in the e3d page it clearly states that they are only compatible with makerbot electronics and that they would require additional electronics to plug it in a ramps.

E3D's page states Ultimaker, not Makerbot. Makerbot uses a K-type thermocouple.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2015 02:57PM by greenman100.
June 03, 2015 02:57PM
trist077
rang today and there not there so got ring tommorow but the womon on the phone said you should not have any problems connecting it

Did you catch her name? Because she's wrong.
June 03, 2015 03:38PM
well sending the pt100 back and getting refund for item and postage due to the wiman on phone being wrong

is there and otherthings in firmware that could be at error if i change the thermister numer the value on the lcd changes but when put back to 5 it becomes the same as before

could the board be at fault

i set slicer up to print at 240 to print and it extruder ok
June 03, 2015 03:55PM
some marlin files
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (30.9 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (20.2 KB)
open | download - temperature.h (5 KB)
open | download - thermistortables.h (39.7 KB)
open | download - temperature.cpp (39.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login