Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PID autotune finish?

Posted by GRAYWOLF 
PID autotune finish?
June 15, 2015 03:25PM
I've just replaced the hotend on my printer and run the pid auto tune but when I send the values all I see is

SENDING:M301 P28.55 I1.59 D128.06

How do I know if it finished?
Re: PID autotune finish?
June 15, 2015 05:39PM
Autotune is M303 . . . M301 just sets the values you gave it, and thus has no return info . . . and those would be the wrong values for M303 anyhoo . . . so I'm a tad unclear exactly what you are trying to do . . .

- Tim
June 16, 2015 02:06AM
tadawson
Autotune is M303 . . . M301 just sets the values you gave it, and thus has no return info . . . and those would be the wrong values for M303 anyhoo . . . so I'm a tad unclear exactly what you are trying to do . . .

- Tim

Those are the returned values that autotune (M303) asked me store (just replace hotend)

Just asking how can I know if these setting commands have actually worked, if there is a feedback response to say that its done or complete.
June 16, 2015 03:04AM
I haven´t done a autotune yet, but it wouldn´t hurt to send a M500 command afterwards to store them in eeprom. ( I guess M301 does that anyways?)

How can I send the M303 command? Can I integrate it in the startcode of cura?
I haven´t found an autotune menue in my smart-LCD, why?
Do I have to have enabled the "custom M-codes" in Marlin?

THX
-Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 03:05AM by o_lampe.
June 16, 2015 03:22AM
Since heater parameters don't really change unless you change hardware, myself, I just compiled mine in, uploaded, and called it good. To that end, running a PID calibration prior to every print is something I can't see value in, and the routine doesn't store the values anyhow, it just gives them to you.

I have not looked, but are these not given in the info given by M503?

And I can't help on the cal choice in the LCD - I'm not running one at this time, because it overloads the Mega on my delta and makes my parts look bad. (I have a Due and shield to go it, I just haven't got there yet, and am having some LCD problems in the 32bit Marlin code right now as well . . . )

- Tim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 03:23AM by tadawson.
June 16, 2015 04:23AM
tatdwson
I just compiled mine in, uploaded, and called it good
What do you mean by that?
In Marlin configuration.h are only three preset PID-sets.
My hotend is none of them, so I left them commented.

I see, Cura isn´t the way to start autotune. There is no feedback-channel to receive the values...
I have to install pronterface or the like to bi-directionally communicate with my board.
June 16, 2015 05:03AM
The presets/names mean nothing . . . add a set for your own, put the values that autotune gives you in them, and make sure that your is the only one uncommented, compile and upload . . . .done!

- Tim
June 16, 2015 06:06AM
OK, done grinning smiley and I had to use M502 & M500 to make them stay.

M301 is only for reading out the PID values.

Thanks Tim!
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login