Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G code help for dual extruders

Posted by Shank man 
G code help for dual extruders
August 25, 2015 06:40PM
Hello. I need some help.

I like to do long two color prints but I don't like having extruder 2 running hot for 4 or 5 hours before it is called on to print. Can It be turned on maybe 15 minutes before its needed? Can I insert a line of gcode somewhere to control when a hot end is on and off?

I'm using Slic3r and Pronterface.

Thank you
SM
Re: G code help for dual extruders
August 25, 2015 10:07PM
What's your firmware?

If you are using Marlin (most common), you can use this edit:

1) Find the M109 Tn Sxxx commands for the extruders near the beginning, and copy those to a clipboard.
2) For each M109 Tn Sxxx, search for all 'Tn' commands (on a single line), and replace with:

M109 S0 ; Allow current extruder to start cooling down
M109 Tn Sxxx ; Bring other extruder up to temperature
Tn ; Select new extruder

That _should_ work for Marlin. See the GCode page on the wiki for equivalent commands for other firmwares.

(for example, on RepRap Firmware, you'd simply set the 'idle' temperature in your G10 tool definition command to 0,
make sure you have a 'M116' after every 'Tn', and all this would happen automatically).

http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code
Re: G code help for dual extruders
August 26, 2015 05:24AM
Ezrec
What's your firmware?

If you are using Marlin (most common), you can use this edit:

1) Find the M109 Tn Sxxx commands for the extruders near the beginning, and copy those to a clipboard.
2) For each M109 Tn Sxxx, search for all 'Tn' commands (on a single line), and replace with:

M109 S0 ; Allow current extruder to start cooling down.

M109 Tn Sxxx ; Bring other extruder up to temperature
Tn ; Select new extruder

That _should_ work for Marlin. See the GCode page on the wiki for equivalent commands for other firmwares.

(for example, on RepRap Firmware, you'd simply set the 'idle' temperature in your G10 tool definition command to 0,
make sure you have a 'M116' after every 'Tn', and all this would happen automatically).

Thank you Ezrec. Yes I'm using Marlin.

This is a big help.

http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2015 05:54AM by Shank man.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login