Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help me with FW e SW Delta printer

Posted by mmatt 
Help me with FW e SW Delta printer
February 22, 2016 04:08AM
Hello everyone

I'm doing a Delta Robot, like the one in the picture (link), for use as a 3D printer.

The robot is driven by brushless motors 3 Nema 23 with its driver. This driver has the direction inputs, Step, etc. and it can optionally be controlled by USB. (The driver of the seller said that can be controlled by macro

My problem with the project is: I can not find a control board and a software for controlling the robot;
does anyone know how I can make it work?

Thank you!!

Re: Help me with FW e SW Delta printer
February 22, 2016 10:07AM
Most RepRap delta support assumes a linear delta mechanism. I've seen some discussion of SmoothieBoard/SmoothieWare having experimental support for a rotational delta geometry like that one but I have not independently verified it.
February 29, 2016 11:01AM
thank you so much. more info I will try on these control boards
February 29, 2016 12:48PM
I would be interested in adding support for rotational delta geometry to RepRapFirmware, using a segmentation-free algorithm as I did for linear delta support. However, to be fast enough I think this would require electronics with on-board floating point processing, such as the Duet NG currently under development.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login