Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

difference between MK6 and MK8 nozzle?

Posted by zincli 
difference between MK6 and MK8 nozzle?
May 10, 2016 03:31PM
Hi,

I try to understand the difference between MK6 and MK8 nozzles. I did some google search but find different answers and conflicting information. Does anyone have the drawing of MK6 and MK8, and tell me what this the benefit of MK8 nozzle? Thank you in advance!
Re: difference between MK6 and MK8 nozzle?
May 13, 2016 10:09AM
I am not sure there's much in it. I attach whatever nozzle I like to whichever hotend I'm using. The nozzle supplied with it is either the type I like (e3d style) or it goes in the spare parts bin or back on ebay.

I think it comes down to how sharp is the tip, a very sharp nozzle helps with feature detail, so small highly detailed models come out better. A broad nozzle smoothes your flat surfaces more. If using abrasive filaments such as carbon you might consider a harder nozzle such as stainless steel instead of brass so that it lasts longer.

Personally I avoid nozzles where the edge between the tip and the sloping region is too sharp as it snags the filament.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2016 10:14AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login