Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile


Double sided/passthrough bowden connector?

Posted by clearlynotstefan 
Double sided/passthrough bowden connector?
April 30, 2017 12:43PM
I'm looking to buy a passthrough Bowden connector. All I have seen are bigger on the ptfe side and smaller on the filament side. Basically I'm trying to lock my Bowden into a high point of my effector while allowing it to pass through into the hotend heatsink. The default Bowden attachment on the hotend itself is covered by the design of the effector so I can't get to it.

Know where I could find something like this?
Re: Double sided/passthrough bowden connector?
April 30, 2017 01:04PM
I just drill the ones i need myself. You just have to be carefull not to drill into the sharp edges that grip the bowden.

Re: Double sided/passthrough bowden connector?
May 01, 2017 03:11AM
I drill mine out as well, as Srek says you have to be a bit careful. They are made of brass, which does tend to grab the drill bit. A drill press can help to ensure you don't go too far.
Re: Double sided/passthrough bowden connector?
May 02, 2017 06:54AM
I too just drill the base out myself . Watch out for swarf

I have searched high and low for a specification for a fitting that allows the tube to pass through with no success.

You're looking for a push fit male stud fitting or push fit straight union connector. Some allow the pipe through but most don't.

Most common for hotends being 4mm tube (for 1.75 filament) to 1/8" BSPT thread. Metric threads also available.

In the UK, Cromwell Tools sell quality pneumatic fittings cheaper than thebay.

Cromwell tools
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login