Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Linux Gen6 support?

Posted by Rook 
Linux Gen6 support?
May 30, 2011 05:57PM
I expect this will be the case, but just wanted to confirm that the Linux driver support is compatible with the Gen6 electronics as well as the RAMPS?

Thanks!
Re: Linux Gen6 support?
May 30, 2011 07:04PM
i have checked a previous thread that may help you with linux install on ubuntu. i know there are other linux distributions. just thought this may help you.

[forums.reprap.org]

also gen 6 data is here [reprap.org]

reprap install under linux [reprap.org]

as far as i can tell the usb is just a serial to usb converter, and the driver should be easily installed.

some people have issues with the java version installed. i think version 9 of ubuntu works ok. i found these instructions helpful for me for getting preview to work with replicatorg [replicat.org]

as far as i can tell yes, it is compatible. I'm sure some other people will pipe in with there 2 cents worth. good luck!
Re: Linux Gen6 support?
May 31, 2011 05:24PM
Thanks for your insight, and I agree. If the Gen6 board lacked Linux support, I think there would be a few people complaining about it, particularly as the Linux user demographic is likely to be higher in the Reprap world than in general. Also, there seems to be empirical evidence of someone getting a Mendel-Parts kit up and running with Ubuntu in the review below:

[www.mendelfactory.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login