Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vertical X axis Contest !!Final Sign Up + Updated Prizes !!!hot smiley

Posted by bryanandaimee 
Vertical X axis Contest !!Final Sign Up + Updated Prizes !!!hot smiley
September 12, 2011 12:05PM
So I went and stuck my foot in it. I have organized a contest to encourage designers to tweak existing projects and/or design new parts to the new [reprap.org] vertical X axis standard. The contest page is here [reprap.org] . Those wishing to participate must declare their intent by Oct 12. The contest will run to Nov 12 if enough entrants declare by Oct 12. Any and all publicity/blog posts etc. would be appreciated.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2011 05:13PM by bryanandaimee.
Re: Vertical X axis Contest
September 12, 2011 06:11PM
Cool, though I think Emmanuel should probably win by default!
September 12, 2011 09:16PM
No default! smiling smiley I'm expecting about 250,000 contestants to enter any minute now.
September 13, 2011 11:13PM
And then there were four! Thanks to all those who entered. The contest is on! Still time for the rest of you to enter till Oct 12.
Re: Vertical X axis Contest !! It's on like donkey kong !! smiling bouncing smiley
September 14, 2011 06:51AM
Now there are four, someone's going home empty-handed! Well done Bryan for organising the comp, I really do need another set of electronics, even if my entry is designed to make them!
Re: Vertical X axis Contest !! It's on like donkey kong !! smiling bouncing smiley
September 14, 2011 06:11PM
Great idea! Nothing like a bit of competition! smiling smiley thumbs up

[numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
September 18, 2011 11:51PM
Thanks guys. And I'm hoping for more even than four contestants. Time will tell. I think the more exposure the contest has the better the participation will be, so please feel free to post on your blogs etc. about it. Entries are open till Oct 12. By the way, pictures of the prizes are up on the contest page now. [reprap.org]
October 01, 2011 03:13PM
Special thanks to Lulzbot for donating a set of pololu drivers to the contest. Since I don't have to buy pololu's I may add to the prizes soon. Stay tuned.smiling bouncing smiley
October 09, 2011 05:15PM
Prizes have been updated. Stripboard for a ghetto HBP for 2nd and third, and likely a real Prusa HBP board for 1st prize in addition to the current prize packages. Gotta sign up by Oct 12 to be in the running. Contest ends Nov 12.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2011 05:16PM by bryanandaimee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login