Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jog Control - Home button ignores feedrate

Posted by t3kboi 
Jog Control - Home button ignores feedrate
May 13, 2010 12:09AM
Hi Everyone,

Still working on my junkstrap ('JaqueStrap'). I now have the motherboard, endstops, and the x and y axes mechanically setup.

I am working on calibrating my axes, and it is going well but I have a question about the home function in the Reprap Host XYZ jog panel:

My axes are geared, so I have a much higher steps_per_mm than normal lets call it 3.5:1. As a result of this, I need to lower my feedrates. The X axis moves well at 1500, the Y axis moves well at 1000 - I can change these values in the host software, and it works very well - I get great smooth movement, high precision, and repeatability. BUT - when I hit the Home button - the Reprap Host takes off like a bat out of hell using an unknown feedrate - (3000? 5000?), which my axes don't like at all.

Question 2: Is there somewhere I can modify the XYfastfeedrate that is used by the home function? (Preferably without needing a Java IDE, and recompiling the application?

Thanks!
Re: Jog Control - Home button ignores feedrate
May 13, 2010 06:36AM
Assuming you're using the 5d firmware, it's in the configuration.h file for the motherboard firmware.
Re: Jog Control - Home button ignores feedrate
May 14, 2010 08:11PM
I figured it out -

I had more than one reprap preferences file, after cleaning up extra files, and restarting the reprap host, it is now using the values stored in the file.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login