Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet and Simplify3D

Posted by UkIan 
Duet and Simplify3D
November 04, 2014 08:56AM
I've finally got Simplify3D running, I like it a lot. I'm wondering if it will work with the Duet+Duex hardware running RepRap firmware? My Duet is still sat in its box waiting for something to put it in, so thought I'd ask. I'm going to ask over in the Simplify forums too once I have access.
Re: Duet and Simplify3D
November 04, 2014 04:25PM
what firmware does the duet run? If it's standard Marlin or Repetier, it'll work
November 05, 2014 04:09AM
The Duet with RepRapFirmware emulates Marlin, but not perfectly. Most people with the Duet use the web interface to control it, because it provides more information and control than any of the USB interface control programs. Several Ormerod users slice files with Simplify3D and then use the Upload & Print button on the web interface to save the gcode file to the SD card and print it.

Also, you get better prints if you print direct from SD card. The Duet USB interface is quite fast because there is no serial link involved, but even so, the data rate can't always keep up with the printer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2014 04:10AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 05, 2014 04:19AM
Excellent, this works for me. As an aside, do any printers ship with duet? I'd love to see more due based boards in circulation.
November 05, 2014 04:50AM
The RepRapPro Ormerod printers ship with Duet.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login