Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Panelolu2 click wheel not working with Marlin

Posted by tengu 
Panelolu2 click wheel not working with Marlin
August 28, 2013 03:35PM
Hey everyone

So I have a Panelolu2 ('P2') running on RAMPS 1.3, however I cannot get the click wheel encoder to work with my version of Marlin.

My printer was calibrated and printing fine before going down the P2 route.

The version of Marlin I am using (from ErikZalm) is a since updated version of the Think3DPrint3D one they recommend to download, has all my calibration ready and it has support for Panelolu2 built in so I figured I might as well stick with that so after un-commenting the relevant sections and uploading my P2 turns on, recognises the thermistors but the click wheel does nothing.

So to test the click wheel was working I downloaded T3P3's version of Marlin, uploaded it and the click wheel was fully responsive although not recognising I had a heated bed.

So does anyone know where to start to get the P2 working? If any more info is needed please let me know! Ideally I'd like to stick with the updated firmware since it is supposed to support it but I'm not sure what I am missing.

Thanks smiling smiley
Re: Panelolu2 click wheel not working with Marlin
August 29, 2013 02:31AM
I suggest you look into pins.h and verify that the encoder is connected to the correct pins. Due to my experience, the encoder right and left pulses must be connected to interrupt-enabled pins. Previously, this was explicitly stated in the Pins.h code, but now it is not.(This is not 100% clear for me.) The heated bed might be connected to one of the pins used by the encoder, so you might need to re-wire your heated bed signal wire once you have made the encoder working.

--
Happy printing,
Blog: http://diycrap.blogspot.no/
Re: Panelolu2 click wheel not working with Marlin
September 03, 2013 02:37PM
Playing around with the pins.h file fixed it, many thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login