Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa Mendel Z axis home position?

Posted by jj 
jj
Prusa Mendel Z axis home position?
October 07, 2012 05:15AM
What are the home positions to the axis' All the way to the end stop switches?

If this is the case, I can move the Z axis up and down correctly according to the control panel in Pronterface, however when I hit the HOME buttion, Z axis is going up. Is this backwards? I tried changing HOME DIRECTION to 1 in the setup.sh, but it is still going up. SHould home not be down to the endstop switch? I cannot find documentaion or a picture of where Z-HOME is. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance !!!!! smiling smiley
Re: Prusa Mendel Z axis home position?
October 07, 2012 05:34AM
Try to turn the plug otherway around.

Charlie
jj
October 29, 2012 02:14AM
I dumped it in the trash 3 weeks ago along with the rolls of filament and spare parts.. I did not see this post, but I doubt it would have made any difference. Thanks though.

It was better to make a clean break from this hobby rather than try to find any decent documentation. Sorry to those who Pm'ed about buying it, I had not checked my message box before I tossed it out.
October 29, 2012 08:03AM
Fuck me! i laughed so hard when i read this. you threw out the printer because you failed with the end-stops! hahahaah smileys with beer
October 29, 2012 11:35AM
jj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dumped it in the trash 3 weeks ago along with
> the rolls of filament and spare parts.. I did not
> see this post, but I doubt it would have made any
> difference. Thanks though.
>
> It was better to make a clean break from this
> hobby rather than try to find any decent
> documentation. Sorry to those who Pm'ed about
> buying it, I had not checked my message box
> before I tossed it out.

Dude, your a nut.. there is documentation about the prusa everywhere.. If there was no documentation from the place you got the kit, its a prusa, the documentation from another supplier would have worked. I mean if you could find these forums how did you not find the wiki? To add to your guano nutty-ness, Full Prusa kit you could have got a large chunk of $$$ back selling it on the "for sale" section. trashed it eye rolling smiley hell, a second machine I might a bought it and I'm still getting the first setup..
jj
November 10, 2012 04:29PM
What do you mean?
It was in the for sale section for 2 months,
And really these are not worth anything. And unless you are able to match a kit that has the exact componts as a wiki example..you are out of luck. The only wiki I know of here is the one that shows half the parts different from mine. I was told I was getting a Prusa Mendel kit (purchased it from Canada off of ebay) My only problem is I threw it away for the garbage it was . Notthing crazy about that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login