Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Prusa I3 !! white & red

Posted by Topicawox 
Another Prusa I3 !! white & red
July 25, 2013 08:25AM
HI,
A few pictures of my prusa I3, new to 3D printing..
Electronics Ramps 1.4 complete DIY kit. yup!! had to solder all even the SMD components first time.
Slight modification by adding a base to the printer also the X&Y idler I used small bearing from some old stepper motors..
In the past I've built lots of crazy stuffs in and around the house. But so far these is the one I am most impressed with.

Many Many thanks to the community and every one for sharing. (I did face many difficulties, but dint have to post it, cause someone already did and got answers..smiling smiley I just read !!!Thanks ...Thanks... Thanks smiling smiley

Along the line I short circuit the heat bed thermistor damaging my T1 which is Arduino mega pin A14, I rewired/insulated the thermistor moved it to T2 Arduino mega pin A15 edited the pins.h in sprinter all worked fine did a few prints. After taking down and rerouting my cables the T2 looks like it is damaged also!!, with high temperature readings with thermistor connected or not, how can i fix this?

For now all I have is PLA plastics, shall I move to blue tape? sad smiley and forget the heatbed?.

[lh6.googleusercontent.com]

[lh5.googleusercontent.com]

[lh3.googleusercontent.com]

Here is a video of it printing

Good luck!!
Re: Another Prusa I3 !! white & red
July 26, 2013 06:55AM
Looks really nice smiling smiley

Out of curiosity, any reason for deciding to go with the box frame over the LC frame on the i3, or was it just design/looks preference?
July 26, 2013 01:19PM
Very impressive. I'm going to be building mine from wood as well. Should end up being cheaper.
August 01, 2013 05:13AM
Hi RickM,
I wanted something strong and steady, plus I had enough hardwood lying around. as mention by hcker it is also cheaper sad smiley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login