Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface

Posted by berdejayant 
Pronterface
October 23, 2012 06:09AM
Why Im getting message that "Cant write to printer(?disconnected)" midway 3D printing? Plz help
Re: Pronterface
October 23, 2012 06:42AM
I get that as well - it seems that the USB connection is sensitive to electrical noise.

Can you download onto an SD card and print from that?

Anyone know of a proper fix?
October 23, 2012 06:50AM
I am using SD card slot only

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2012 06:59AM by berdejayant.
October 23, 2012 08:51AM
Another problem Im having is when I turned off any electrical device in the room(say fan), Printer gets stop. Why this happening. Is there any interference between connections? Plz help me out
October 23, 2012 11:42AM
It might be worth asking again with a different subject - this isn't pronterface's problem
October 23, 2012 02:42PM
Try putting the printer on an Uninterruptible Power Supply.

Andy
October 24, 2012 10:03AM
Is this problem Im getting because of Pronterface software or due to the electric connections in the room?
October 24, 2012 10:08AM
Mark: Im using pronterface. Thats why i post this message under pronterface subject.
October 25, 2012 12:55AM
Andy: putting printer on an Uninterruptible Power Supply means exactly what to do? See, Im new to this and dont understand these electrical terms
October 25, 2012 02:20AM
Can there be a programming problem?
October 25, 2012 08:47AM
Andy: Now I get what u trying to say. Ur solution sounds good. I will try this and get back to u. Probably with positive results
January 05, 2013 05:26PM
This is a bit old and in the wrong section however:

This problem can be caused by a loose connection in the power connector to the main board.

I recommend unscrewing the connector from the cable, tin the ends with solder, then firmly re attach the connector.

Halitus
January 14, 2013 01:48AM
I have this problem constantly.
Interestingly, moving the Fan to a further away circuit reduced the chance of a failure 95% but not entirely.
I suspect the problem is that ATX power supply is a crappy source that can't handle surges.
You heard it here first.
January 14, 2013 06:41AM
You could try to filter your power supply with a phat capacitor. Large electrolytics are pretty cheap. Solder a large resistor across the legs so it self discharges.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2013 06:43AM by konwiddak.
January 14, 2013 02:31PM
If your fan is consistently giving you trouble...[www.beam-wiki.org]

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
January 14, 2013 11:26PM
MarkMarsh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I get that as well - it seems that the USB
> connection is sensitive to electrical noise.
>
> Can you download onto an SD card and print from
> that?
>
> Anyone know of a proper fix?

Yes it is in fact. Any "noisy" motor or electrical surge on the same circuit as my reprap, will kill my Ramp's connection to Pronterface.
August 21, 2013 03:30AM
user a much shorter Quality usb cable, you can insulate it from electrical noise if you must, just using a shorter hq cable should resolve this issue

I had this issue having my 3d printer plugged into the same power socket as my hi power battery chargers, putting out like 3kw.
had some kind of inductive effects
August 22, 2013 03:32AM
there is no solution to electical noise... one way or the other it will interrupt the print... best way is to print from a sd card... believe me i have had this problem and came to the sd card after changing almost 10 usb cbles , ferrite cores ... two power supplys .... etc etc etc....dont waste your time just get a sd card.....
August 28, 2013 04:35PM
I had one arduino that was particularly susceptible to this. Swapping it out basically solved the problem. I realise that isn't a great help, but it is a data point.
October 26, 2013 11:12PM
Has anyone checked the ground between controller and power supply?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login