Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.1.2.1 #error "No auto-assignable Spindle/Laser pins available."

Posted by lukaari 
Marlin 2.1.2.1 #error "No auto-assignable Spindle/Laser pins available."
February 03, 2024 12:44AM
Hello,

I successfully configured the cooler, but encountered a compiler stoppage during code compilation with the following message:

In file included from C:\Marlin-2.1.2.1\Marlin\src\pins\ramps\pins_MKS_GEN_L.h:62:0,
from C:\Marlin-2.1.2.1\Marlin\src\pins\pins.h:119,
from C:Marlin-2.1.2.1\Marlin\src\inc\MarlinConfig.h:34,
from C:\Marlin-2.1.2.1\Marlin\src\HAL\AVR\eeprom.cpp:24:
C:\Marlin\src\pins\ramps\pins_RAMPS.h:316:6: error: #error "No auto-assignable Spindle/Laser pins available."
#error "No auto-assignable Spindle/Laser pins available."
^~~~~

exit status 1

Compilation error: #error "No auto-assignable Spindle/Laser pins available."

It took me some time to get the cooler loop working, but I had to remove 3 out of 4 servos. I suspect a pin conflict might be the issue. I attempted the following:
a) In Marlin-2.1.2.1\Marlin\src\pins\ramps, I rearranged servo pins to check for additional servo activation, but without success.
b) I also tried reassigning laser pins, but that didn't resolve the issue either.
I attached configuration and pin files of the working code with one servo.
Thank you for any help or sugestion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2024 12:50AM by lukaari.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (124.5 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (174.2 KB)
open | download - pins_RAMPS.h (29 KB)
Re: Marlin 2.1.2.1 #error "No auto-assignable Spindle/Laser pins available."
February 03, 2024 01:11AM
you have already fixed it, not sure what your asking...

pin32 is PC5 on the chip, the mks gen l does not break this pin out. so you should not disable Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN on this controller
Re: Marlin 2.1.2.1 #error "No auto-assignable Spindle/Laser pins available."
February 03, 2024 03:59PM
Hi,
My apology, that I was not clear enough about the loosing the servos when cooler is enabled.

I think, it is the processor timer, if more then 1 servo enabled then processor is to busy to produce PWM output for the Spindle/Laser PWM output. But, I also disable the //#define SPINDLE_LASER_USE_PWM and still compiler do not compile with two or more servos.
I will live with one servo until someone comes up with the independent cooler loop , or for example the full range chamber temperature control maybe 0 -75c .

About the Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN - I enable it

Thank you very much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arduino\Marlin-2.1.2.1__bedtest\Marlin\src\pins\ramps\pins_RAMPS.h:316:6: error: #error "No auto-assignable Spindle/Laser pins available."
#error "No auto-assignable Spindle/Laser pins available."
^~~~~
exit status 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arduino\Marlin-2.1.2.1__bedtest\Marlin\src\HAL\AVR\inc\SanityCheck.h:89:6: error: #error "Counter/Timer for SPINDLE_LASER_PWM_PIN is used by the servo system."

#error "Counter/Timer for SPINDLE_LASER_PWM_PIN is used by the servo system."
^~~~~

exit status 1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login