Funduino

Posted by Tupni 
Funduino
January 20, 2013 03:57AM
Did anyone try this ?: [viewitem.eim.ebay.dk]
Re: Funduino
January 20, 2013 10:35PM
17$ USD? (with shipping included)

Hmm, it's so cheap I'd be stupid.....not....to try it..... right?......

Fixed US link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2013 10:38PM by xclusive585.
January 23, 2013 03:23PM
if i was braver i would try it, but that just seems too cheap to me. perhaps in needs to be assembled at home.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
January 25, 2013 02:29PM
Hi,

I ordered two of them about a week ago and they are currently in transit.

I will let you know what they are like when they arrive.

Regards

Andy Hodges

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 02:29PM by AndyH.
January 25, 2013 06:46PM
Good luck. Personally I would have just tried one. But thank you for taking that plunge.

If it's ok, maybe I'll buy a cheap Ramps shield with one. = super cheap ramps package.
January 27, 2013 07:42AM
If anyone is from one of the countries listed as "we dont ship to here", you can find the same item, possibly a bit more expensive to your country.

For example, Germany was blacklisted in the original item... but here it is, same seller shipping to germany (but for US$20 including shipping, instead of 17)

[www.ebay.de]

One is ordered too
January 29, 2013 07:02AM
Hi,

The item I seem to have purchased looks exactly like the item described by the OP but is from a different seller. In my case gadgetextreme ( [www.ebay.co.uk] ). I think they are somehow linked as my goods were despatched by a GoodLuckBuy company as described below. The OP's seller is goodlucksell, coincidence maybe but........

The order was placed through eBay on the 12th Jan 2013. I received an eBay despatched email from gadgetextreme on the 15th Jan. On the 16th Jan I received an email from goodluckbuy to say that my order has been shipped.

Today my order has been delivered. I have two Funduino boards which look exactly like the pictures. They were delivered, sealed in anti static bags, covered in thin foam packaging wrap inside a bubble wrap envelope.

I have got as far as to plug both boards in. They both appear as Arduino MEGA 2560 in device manager, both are assigned COM ports and both accept code. I have not got as far as testing pins etc as my RepRap is in the middle of a print and I also have not yet decided if I am willing to chance my RAMPS board. If I don't try the RAMPS, which is most likely, then it won't be until the weekend at least until I put each board through its paces.

My only complaint so far is that the boards delivered are not the R3 version as described and both are sporting MEGA8U2's for the USB. Is this something that I will complain strongly about, no not really. I have two Arduino MEGA 2560 boards for almost half the price of an official R3 2560 here in the UK. I have sent the seller an email and we will see what they say.

Regards

Andy Hodges

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2013 07:05AM by AndyH.
January 29, 2013 07:10AM
Given that the RAMPS breakout board is basically a "dumb pin expander", what exactly would you be risking?

The voltages with which the arduino works are low enough that it should work or not work, without risking anything. If you were paranoid, maybe remove your stepper drivers from ramps and install one, but I can't see how a faulty arduino could harm RAMPS at all.

Now a faulty ramps feeding 12v into the arduino at the wrong spot, that's magic smoke territory winking smiley
January 29, 2013 11:55AM
Hey thanks for the deskription. I got one in transit from the China winking smiley
January 29, 2013 12:21PM
... Lol I'm definitely going to order a couple now. Cant resist. At the very least I can use it with some pololus and tinker.
February 15, 2013 11:04AM
Hi,

As a final update from me on this topic.

The two boards I ordered have both been working without issue.

I contacted the vendor regarding the fact that the supplied boards are not R3 and they gave me a small refund.

All in all I am a happy customer.

Regards

Andy Hodges
February 15, 2013 01:29PM
Just ordered one finally. Hey why not. Need an extra for experimenting with programming these things. Why not fry a cheap one. :-)
May 04, 2013 08:17AM
so did the funduino work with the ramps?
May 05, 2013 04:23AM
Yes, it worked fine...
May 05, 2013 04:52AM
i plugged in my ramps too it because I have not got my motors yet I just got the led to flash in sync i the the funduino board by the simple script, i know it doesn't give me a better picture the ramps works fully but its 1 step closer
June 22, 2013 09:58PM
I bought two of these boards from GoodLuckBuy. Shipping time to Vancouver, Canada was 20 days (with is a bit long compared to other items I have ordered from Shenzhen). I found both board has problems with the reset circuitry (I think with was a problem with the original reference design). The seller sent me one replacement, and the replacement didn't work at all. I am now waiting for a full refund.
June 23, 2013 08:59AM
well my funduino board works smashingly

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
June 24, 2013 04:46PM
I just received a full refund.
June 26, 2013 01:07PM
How long did it take for seller to respond to your emails. I have some missing parts in my kit and some bent pins as well. I just wanted to know how long I should wait before sending an email again or taking action for a refund.

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
July 08, 2013 10:23PM
Hi all, I just bought one, also from goodlucksell, and my computer doesn't recognize it. When I plug it in, the "L" LED flashes red, but none of the ports recognize it being plugged in. I tried different ports/chords/computers. Still doesn't recognize that its plugged in (funduino itself recognizes it though). Has this happened to anyone and does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks smiling smiley
January 25, 2014 04:12PM
yes, I just bought one pcb. I plug in the usb cable and can connect it, but not xyz etc movement. Maybe you need the thermistor connected or it with not do anything like other pcb do. Its a safty thing
lets get together and get this going. english pls
April 30, 2014 03:56PM
I used a funduino on my prusa i3 and it works nicely. In fact I accidentally shoted out one of the StepSticks through the board (PS never remove them while the power supply is attached, especially with metal screwdriver.) and after the loud arc, the board simply restarted. Unfortuionatly I didn't learn my lesson. I'm currently building a kossel and when buying the electronics I found a authentic Arduino for only $2 more I purchased the board and when I was tweaking around with it (PS don't work on prodjects at 1:30am you'll end up doing something stupid.) I did the exact same thing, only this time the board died. While I'm not saying the funduino is better, and I might have just gotten lucky the first time. I've purchased 2 funduino boards and they have both worked fine.
April 30, 2014 04:14PM
Ulkar, the Arduino board I said I fried actually did the the exact same thing you're describing. How exactly to fix it is another matter. I believe I fried the serial chip on mine. As for it not being recognized I had a similar problem with an arduino uno for some reason however my one port on my old laptop was able to recognize it I reinstalled the bootloader and it now works fine. Also check to make sure you have the right board and serial port selected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login