Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 no lights or power with Xbox 203W

Posted by TurnerChris 
Ramps 1.4 no lights or power with Xbox 203W
February 28, 2014 06:22PM
Hi all,

I attach my Arduino and Ramps board together and connect it to my laptop via USB. From here, I obtain lights on both boards and successfully upload Marlin firmware.

I then plug in my LCD screen and have limited functions as nothing is connected.

Here is where it all goes wrong...
I take my Xbox Power Supply that is 203W and connect it to the ramps board. I unplug the USB and plug the Xbox PSU into the wall, nothing. No lights, no screen connectivity, nothing.

I take a multimeter and connect it to the tops of the screws on the ramps board and I'm getting 12V.

I'm at a loss with this.

To summarize, there is no response on Ramps 1.4 when I connect it via the Xbox PSU.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks!!
Re: Ramps 1.4 no lights or power with Xbox 203W
March 01, 2014 04:31PM
Do you have D1 installed? [reprap.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2014 04:32PM by NewPerfection.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
March 01, 2014 09:35PM
Have you connected the wires on the xbox power supply correctly in order to take the psu out of standby? I have a complete tutorial on how to properly setup an xbox 360 psu to a ramps as well as other boards. Also check to see if your xbox psu is an authentic Microsoft unit or a chinese knock off as they have been known to be problematic.

Heres the direct link to the tutorial: [reprapsquad.wordpress.com]

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
March 02, 2014 04:30PM
NewPerfection
Do you have D1 installed? [reprap.org]
Hi, Yes it has the two diodes installed.
March 02, 2014 04:31PM
REPRAP SQUAD
Have you connected the wires on the xbox power supply correctly in order to take the psu out of standby? I have a complete tutorial on how to properly setup an xbox 360 psu to a ramps as well as other boards. Also check to see if your xbox psu is an authentic Microsoft unit or a chinese knock off as they have been known to be problematic.

Heres the direct link to the tutorial: [reprapsquad.wordpress.com]

Hi, I followed that exact guide. I had tis power supply from my first Xbox 360, so I assume it is the authentic Microsoft one.

Ramps 1.4 and the LCD screen only work off USB power. Any help?
March 02, 2014 06:15PM
You may have fried the regulator on the Arduino Mega.

Note: Do NOT plug in the PSU to the RAMPS board for either of the following tests, and make sure USB is also disconnected.

I would try removing RAMPS from the Mega and powering just the Mega via the DC barrel jack from a plugpack. If that doesn't work (no lights), the on-board regulator on the Mega is dead.

If it does work, unplug the plugpack, put RAMPS back on it (no PSU, heated bed or hot end connected), and then plug the plugpack back into the DC barrel jack and try running it that way. If THAT works, then most likely the diode D1 on the RAMPS board is faulty.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 06:17PM by Cefiar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login