Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

motors are jittering and sometimes do not respond at all

Posted by [email protected] 
motors are jittering and sometimes do not respond at all
March 23, 2015 02:44AM
Hi!

I am new in this forum as well as world of 3d printing.

Since couple of days i have been working on Ramps 1.4 controller. I have faced similar problems mentioned by "hal" .

First, When i transfer the the firmware through arduino, the program gets transferred but the motor does not respond properly. The motors (x, y, z, Extruder) jitters and at the end stops completely. I tried couple of time but it did not work.
I am not able to figure out what exactly happened to my ramps controller. As i am a beginner and trying to build my project, i need your help to solve this problem.

Secondly, I tried to control through LCD but the problem remains same. Sometimes the stepper driver ic gets heated and stops responding. There are some vibration in the motor as i switch on the controller.

I tried to swap the driver board but it happens with all the motors. I checked the firmware.

My project is,

I am using leadscrew (5mm pitch) for my 3d printer and Nema 17 stepper motors.
I have merlin hotend.
Controlller ramps 1.4 with arduino
Stepper driver: A4988

So if someone can help me with the firmware and solve the problem, i will grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks.
Re: motors are jittering and sometimes do not respond at all
March 23, 2015 09:38PM
Have you got the jumpers fitted under each of the pololu drivers?

March 24, 2015 10:48AM
Yes, I checked the jumpers. They are fitted under the driver.

I uploaded the firmware couple of times but still the same problem. Motor does not move. There are some noise and vibrations.
March 25, 2015 09:06PM
What voltage have you set the stepper drivers to?

March 26, 2015 12:08PM
sometimes the voltage shows 11.6V and then after few seconds its 0.7V

Z motor shows 4.6 v constant, there is no change even if i rotate the potentiometer.
Yesterday i uploaded the marlin firmware once again. It worked for few seconds but then again it remains same. The motors stops after few seconds.

But one thing, i do not connect 12V with arduino board when i install firmware. Is it good?
October 01, 2015 10:40AM
Have you fixed the problem yet? I have this problem only with my Y axis, used to work before, but now when I hooked it up in series, it jitters, and stops, and the driver heats up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login